Wheat beer fermentation time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Reaction score
Just curious, is there any consesus about bottling any sooner than average? I mean, obviously not before it's done fermenting, but if it's done, say in a week or almost 2, should one bottle then? I've seen many say with clearer beers like lagers or Pilsners it's better to leave the beer in the fermenter longer to clear up some of the cloudiness since the yeast will "clean up" and settle to the bottom. With a wheat you want yeast in the bottle and also swirl it when pouring to get the yeast in and make it cloudy. So I got to wondering about the recommendation to leave beer in the fermenter longer than average or not.

My next batch is the Cooper's wheat, just bottled the Lager today. I also plan on getting some quality yeast for this batch, whichever would be best for a wheat beer. Any recommendations? Also, anything I can add to give it something more than "stock" flavor?

Rev.

I do AG wheats and find they are done in days and I usually rack to a keg day 10 or so. Fresh is best and I've found that ample time after FG for it to clean up a little flavour wise but not too much for all the yeast to drop out of suspension.

Back