What to drink while visiting London.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbuddy

Reaction score
My nephew is traveling to London to meet his girlfriend who is going to school in Scotland for a semester and asked me what he should drink while there. I have no idea any suggestions?

Cask ale all the way. Plenty of decent pubs in London who know how to keep the stuff. Your big local is obviously Fullers and you can't go wrong with London Pride

I'm a big fan of Courage Directors and Wells Bombardier which are both excellent bitters. Tribute from St Austell is also a fantastic beer.

Youngs do some interesting beers and are worth checking out. There are few places which keep Timothy Taylor's Landlord which is excellent fresh too

Kernel and Beavertown are my personal favourite "craft" breweries in London. If he can get down to do the "Bermondsey Beer Mile" nice and early on a Saturday morning, he can take in a fair amount of new breweries doing great things. Still on my "to do" list.

Also, Fullers London Porter is great if you're going more down the traditional brewery route.

I know you said London and not Ireland, but if you want a Guinness, I recommend a pub called the Toucan in Soho.

Back