what to do with a yeast starter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnbrewer371

Reaction score
so i made a simple 1/3 gallon starter about 36 hours ago in anticipation that I was going to brew last night, however that did not happen, and i just checked on the starter and it is currently at high krausen right now. I have to go out of town either tonight or tomorrow morning. If im not able to brew before I leave town what should I do with the starter? I would rather not throw it out and am planning on brewing when I get back in town in a week?

I like the idea of just leaving it in the top of my brew closet till I can brew in like seven days, any downside to this? Do I absolutely need to add some fresh wort? How long before I want to pitch if I do?

put it in the fridge, on brew day take it out of the fridge and add a small amount of wort. You'll be good to go when it's time to pitch

I like the idea of just leaving it in the top of my brew closet till I can brew in like seven days, any downside to this? Do I absolutely need to add some fresh wort? How long before I want to pitch if I do?

Throw it in the fridge. When you get back and get ready to brew take it out and let it come to room temp while you are brewing. When ready to pitch, throw he whole thing in the fermenter. It'll be fine. I do this all the time.

Alan

Latest posts

Back