Imperial Juice Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haze Crazed

Reaction score
For my NEIPA’s I solely use Imperial Juice. I love the yeast. Wondering if anyone else runs into what I do. I used to do starters and decant off beer then pitch. But lately I’ve been spinning my starter and pitching the whole contents right at about 18 hours or so. My fermentations always go off like a rocket. I’ll have airlock activity within 1-2 hours after pitching.

Seems like it will go crazy for 36 hours then slow down. I usually start at 68 then after 36 hours or so I’ll bump up to 70 and increase every 12hrs until I’m up to 72 and I finish out at that temp. Haven’t had any issues with reaching FG, always within a point or 2 of estimated based on beer smith.

Wondering if anyone else has the same experience with juice? Goes crazy for 36hr then slows down?

I believe Juice aka A38 is the same "London III" strain as Wyeast 1318 - which I use for my hazies, and that pretty much does as you say once it "lights off" after a traditional pitch.

But after the rapid drop in SG it does have a fermentation "dragon tail" where it'll drop a point here and another one there to get from say 1.016 down to the expected 1.012-1.013 FG. I typically let it alone for a full two weeks until the last of the krausen has dropped before proceeding to the soft crash and dry hop phase...

Cheers!

Back