What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teriyaki chicken and broccoli. Homemade teriyaki sauce, of course. ;)

IMG_20161030_185840.jpg

Jalapeño Boudin on the grill before the steaks.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1478054277.576711.jpg
Hummmm. Lost the picture of the sausage somehow. But the point was that there were two, and when I got to the grill there was only one. All three dogs swore they did not steal one, but I checked their breaths and they apparently shared it! Lol

Need to come up with new recipe. Haven't cooked much in a while and feel the urge. Also needs to be kind of quick, because I also feel the urge to get more done around here!

Needs to be something that doesn't involve:

Squash of any kind
Beans
Tomatoes
Corn
Spicy
Fish
most other things

My young one is kind of picky, but it's the kind of picky where she can like some odd things, but not like some commonly liked foods. Like, she can like certain kinds of fish, like "Bob's fried fish", but just fish in general is a no-go. Most people like corn. She won't eat it, or worse yet, even try something with corn in it. I thought she had learned to at least try new things, but alas, she's a brat about that. Always with some excuse or reason why she won't like it. She's bull-headed that way.

Need to come up with new recipe. Haven't cooked much in a while and feel the urge. Also needs to be kind of quick, because I also feel the urge to get more done around here!

Squash of any kind
Beans
Tomatoes
Corn
Spicy
Fish
most other things

My young one is kind of picky, but it's the kind of picky where she can like some odd things, but not like some commonly liked foods. Like, she can like certain kinds of fish, like "Bob's fried fish", but just fish in general is a no-go. Most people like corn. She won't eat it, or worse yet, even try something with corn in it. I thought she had learned to at least try new things, but alas, she's a brat about that. Always with some excuse or reason why she won't like it. She's bull-headed that way.

When I had kids at home (the old days), dishes that made leftovers were the best.

Salisbury steak is easy to make and kid friendly since it's just a thin tasty burger with gravy. Some mashed pots and you've got good leftovers too.

Caseroles are easy to make in bulk and make good leftovers as well. With thanksgiving coming up, check out turkey tetrazzini. My wife makes a great caserole called texas hash with burger and rice and chili powder. Family favorite.

For some cuban flair, my wife makes chicken fricassee with a ton of green olives. Man, it's good. Great leftovers. Served on white rice. Kids love it (i do NOT have picky kids, they're hogues).

Squash of any kind
Beans
Tomatoes
Corn
Spicy
Fish
most other things

Going back to my childhood on this one... Spam and macaroni and cheese! haha.

This might not be for child's taste buds but I sometimes make beef "stroganoff" with leftover steak. Sauté onions mushrooms in some olive oils couple ounces of beef stock and a splash of white wine add sliced steak, some fresh dill, pepper to taste, and sour cream to make a sauce. Serve over wide noodles.

Used up some apples that were on the edge of not being useful for human consumption last night. I was chatting with a friend on Teamspeak and mentioned aloud I was searching for an apple cobbler recipe online, or something different to try and my wife yells out she saw a recipe on Pintrest for "Snickerdoodle Apple Cobbler".

I had it printed before she could pull up her pintrest page!

This one is definitely going into regular rotation when desserts are to be made. This is the recipe I decided to make (because it was the first one I looked at and I was in a hurry...)

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2015/08/snickerdoodle-apple-cobbler/

Back