What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 10 gallon Spike kettle arrived today! Unfortunately, I didn't realize that I had to order the ball valve separately, so right now it's a really bad $200 sieve. It was 100% my fault, though, because I didn't read the description closely enough. I jumped online to order my valve, and it's on its way. Spike even agreed to ship it for free, since it would have shipped free with my kettle. That's really top-notch customer service!

My ball valve should be here in a few days (I"m guessing Monday or Tuesday. I'm planning to brew with it next weekend!

My 10 gallon Spike kettle arrived today! Unfortunately, I didn't realize that I had to order the ball valve separately, so right now it's a really bad $200 sieve. It was 100% my fault, though, because I didn't read the description closely enough. I jumped online to order my valve, and it's on its way. Spike even agreed to ship it for free, since it would have shipped free with my kettle. That's really top-notch customer service!

My ball valve should be here in a few days (I"m guessing Monday or Tuesday. I'm planning to brew with it next weekend!
You'll love it. I love my 15 gallon Spike kettle.

What an epic score! And that helps explain why a hospital-issued Tylenol costs $200 :D

Cheers!
Yep. I'm stoked. This is the second one I got from the hospital. The first one was just a residential small frigidaire that wouldn't keep temp. But it's just a horrible design. I'll probably never get it to not freeze up. And you're right about the cost of things. They threw this thing away. It's not very old. This same model sells right now for $5500. I understand they don't trust it to house the nearly $3 million in drugs that was in this thing, but there are companies that specialize in buying used hospital equipment. Apparently this facility has had some liability concerns. Anyway, Yay me!

And.... I got this thing yesterday. Figured I would try this method sense I can't seem to make good homebrew anymore. I really don't get it. My commercial brews have been great, my homebrew has been horrible. I think I've got a bug in the system. Either that or every one of my thermometers are bad. Throwing away all soft parts and giving everything else an acid bath.
result_1598039526911.jpg

Somebody either really likes Andechs, or can't cope with ringpulls on cans....

I got 8 oz Centenial, 3 oz each of Galaxy and Amarillo, 2oz of Simcoe, and 1 oz Mosaic for my next two brewdaze.

Neither beer will have more than 40 IBU(s) but both will have half a lb + of hops.

Lol, those cookies got slaughtered (as I expected). Oh well...eat the crumbs; they're good : )

Glad you like the chorizo!!

Anddddddddddd enjoy. I now realize that I didn't send info on those HBs, oops.
Lol crumbly or not... They're pretty tasty. When you get chance, I would love to know more about the homebrew. Looking forward to trying everything. Cheers!

Spikes gas manifold, hopefully to be able to make closed transfers possible. Now looking at needle valves for small pressure increments.
Needle valves control flow, not pressure. For fine pressure increments, you need a precision regulator with a high sensitivity, high precision gauge.

Brew on :mug:

Replacement teflon washer and gasket for my pump. It stopped working and I thought this was the culprit. Then it turns out the issue was my chiller was clogged; d'oh!

Got sick of my scale not accurately weighing items under 10g so ordered a new scale that is more precise for smaller measurements

Back