What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star san - bottle caps - and 42 new handguns, 16 new rifles, 50 sparkly new AR 80% receivers, 10 gun barrels I have been waiting on FOREVER! 2 new chamber reamers, 2 Rem 700 receivers, 2 PTG bolts, and 6 triggers!!!!!! It's like freaking Christmas here, and another order almost as big tomorrow. Don't know why everyone filled orders at the same time! But I will take it. Got tool steel, oil, solvents, powder, a few thousand bullets, and copper strip coming tomorrow, as well as 2 row, and 5 lbs of hops, and of course most of my outstanding gun orders! No ammo to speak of though - that is still an issue, but it will catch up!!!

Not today but yesterday (too busy fighting with car repairs yesterday to post) got my 1lb each of Saaz and CTZ hops from YVH. They are out of Chinook and Columbus, so trying CTZ for the first time since it's basically the same thing. Gonna use the Saaz next weekend in another batch of Czech premium since I have plenty of pilsner malt on hand.

Had plenty of base grain on hand after a club group buy, but some specialty malts were lacking. Today a package arrived with 5 lbs flaked corn, 5 lbs Simpson’s golden naked oats, 5 lbs crystal 150, 5 lbs brown malt, and a couple pounds of Black Prinz malt. Also a pack of S04 and S05, and a pack of WLP550 (Belgian ale yeast). Also some miscellaneous stuff like campden tablets, PBW, and yeast nutrient.

I should be set for a bit now.

just have to keep waiting patiently for the Anvil Foundry to ship...

New pizza heater.
IMG_20200327_162256441_HDR.jpg

200k btu. Barrel sized!

Attachments

• IMG_20200327_162256441_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200327_162256441_HDR.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Had plenty of base grain on hand after a club group buy, but some specialty malts were lacking. Today a package arrived with 5 lbs flaked corn, 5 lbs Simpson’s golden naked oats, 5 lbs crystal 150, 5 lbs brown malt, and a couple pounds of Black Prinz malt. Also a pack of S04 and S05, and a pack of WLP550 (Belgian ale yeast). Also some miscellaneous stuff like campden tablets, PBW, and yeast nutrient.

I should be set for a bit now.

just have to keep waiting patiently for the Anvil Foundry to ship...

Thats a ton of brown malt! I love the stuff, whatcha got planned for it?

Thats a ton of brown malt! I love the stuff, whatcha got planned for it?

yeah, more than I need, but I like having it on hand. I do a lot of dark English milds and porters and always use a good amount in those. Plan on also using some in an espresso stout I plan on brewing soon... need something to get the day going in the age of the plague.

yeah, more than I need, but I like having it on hand. I do a lot of dark English milds and porters and always use a good amount in those. Plan on also using some in an espresso stout I plan on brewing soon... need something to get the day going in the age of the plague.

Sounds like a good plan.

Ithaca? I'm originally from Endicott. Cheers....

Hey Doug. Over 35 years at IBM. I lived there most of my life. It was a great town to grow up in and then also to raise our kids. Sad what its become. We left in 2013. Still have family there.
You?
Also left early August 2013. 34 years with Big Blue (two tours), and 2 with Endicott Interconnect. My daughter was born there. It was sad to see the decline. Most of my, and my wife's, family is in the Seattle area, where I grew up, and returned to.

Any continuation of this discussion should occur in a Private Conversation, since it would be off-topic here.

Brew on :mug:

You could always use the 'waste' to water your plants. They wouldn't mind the extra minerals...

Still "winter" here in Boston area, been in 40's the last week, no plants to water yet...well except the special ones that are growing in my neighbor's basement. ;-)

Inkbird ITC-308 for the ferm fridge and a bazooka screen and ball valve for my boil kettle! Super excited to finally be able to precisely control fermentation temperature.

IMG_20200403_130836568_HDR.jpg

A new 5 lb CO2 bottle (full), a 3 way manifold, Firestone and Cornelius poppets, a couple picnic taps and disconnects, and 10 feet of gas line.
This didn't all come in the mail, I had to go to my LHBS for "curbside pickup".

I'll take my 20 pounder out of the keezer, and have room for another keg!

100_0628.JPG

i got a shirt from the 'Short Circuited Brewing' merch store.....sums up my self perfectly......(except i brew on NG, and the wall socket tap, is off....)

Star san - bottle caps - and 42 new handguns, 16 new rifles, 50 sparkly new AR 80% receivers, 10 gun barrels I have been waiting on FOREVER! 2 new chamber reamers, 2 Rem 700 receivers, 2 PTG bolts, and 6 triggers!!!!!! It's like freaking Christmas here, and another order almost as big tomorrow. Don't know why everyone filled orders at the same time! But I will take it. Got tool steel, oil, solvents, powder, a few thousand bullets, and copper strip coming tomorrow, as well as 2 row, and 5 lbs of hops, and of course most of my outstanding gun orders! No ammo to speak of though - that is still an issue, but it will catch up!!!
At first I was thinking WTF then I realized you own a gun shop. Cool beans.

Latest posts

Back