What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E01396AA-A2D6-4149-B1B3-1CDEB7D491B8.jpeg

Another selection for 12 BOC.

A nice little box from brewhardware containing eight new liquid posts for the kegs (way past time) and four new black disconnects; the cheapie ones I keep getting from allmymoneyzgone fail too fast. Tomorrow get to switch out the liquid posts on all the kegs but one, including the ones currently in use; after degassing them completely, that is. I'm not worried about oxidation, beer goes too fast in this house. The one that does NOT get a new post is the bastard stepchild of the family; a Firestone when all the others are Cornelius, making the post thread sizes different. Hoping my LHBS has one that fits when I go there for after xmas sales next week.

After 5 years of brewing I finally purchased a grain mill. Should have done this many years ago. I was like a little kid in a candy store when I saw UPS pull up today. Just waiting for a fermenter to become available so I can put it to use. View attachment 809527
Nice. I’ve had a Cereal Killer for about 5 years and have put 1000+lbs through it with no real issues. You’re going to like it.

A pair of the Kegland 5G rubber-handled corny's:
IMG_1445.jpg

They have the 'proper' narrow bale lids! {If you're arthritic or have nerve damage like me and lack some feeling in your fingers, you may stick your hand through the handle to pick it up and not notice you've grabbed the duckbill style bale until you've popped the lid open :p }
IMG_1446.jpg

Proper dip tube:
IMG_1447.jpg

The weld quality in the seams looks OK:
IMG_1448.jpg

Very pleased to have a couple shiny new kegs! :) :)
IMG_1450.jpg

:)

Today 4 old Cornys arrive. Back in the stone age, I bought new ones, but then I noticed the old ones worked just as well and cost $12.50. Wish I were paying that price this time.

My first beer from my return to brewing has been in the keg for several days, but because I forgot to buy liquid disconnects, all I can do is stare at the keg and whimper. I have 6 liquid disconnects arriving tomorrow.

Bunch of SS Perlick flow control faucets arrived, and one had a broken flow control handle. Ebay seller is sending a replacement, so I bought parts to fix the broken faucet. You can't put a new handle on it, but you can buy an assembly that includes the handle. He gets paid by the shipper, I get a new faucet for $28.

Today 4 old Cornys arrive. Back in the stone age, I bought new ones, but then I noticed the old ones worked just as well and cost $12.50. Wish I were paying that price this time.

I can almost remember $12.50-ish cornys. But who was making new ones back then? My recollection is that once use cornys became scarce and pushing $30-ish, new Italian knockoffs appeared, followed by Chinese, and finally Australian.

Last edited:
Well, the Fedex truck pulled up to my gate, sat there for a very long time, and then left. Second day in a row they have failed to come through.

I can almost remember $12.50-ish cornys. But who was making new ones back then? My recollection is that once use cornys became scarce and pushing $30-ish, new Italian knockoffs appeared, followed by Chinese, and finally Australian.
I have enough Corny’s that I’m no longer going to buy any more. The last new one I got came out of India & it has been nothing but a problem. The best ones I have are the old Pepsi & Coke ones out of the 1970’s.

So today, I will supposedly get the Cornys, disconnects, and a temperature control. No Cornys, no mocking up my keezer to see where to put things, no way to finish the keezer. No temperature control, no place to put my first batch of ale, no way to clear the fermenting freezer for another batch. No disconnect, no way to drink the beer, which has been tantalizing me for days.

None of this stuff has made it.

Not totally sure what the plural of "Corny" is, so I left the apostrophe out. It's a short proper noun, so this was my guess.

So today, I will supposedly get the Cornys, disconnects, and a temperature control. No Cornys, no mocking up my keezer to see where to put things, no way to finish the keezer. No temperature control, no place to put my first batch of ale, no way to clear the fermenting freezer for another batch. No disconnect, no way to drink the beer, which has been tantalizing me for days.

None of this stuff has made it.

Not totally sure what the plural of "Corny" is, so I left the apostrophe out. It's a short proper noun, so this was my guess.
Since "Cornys" is an abbreviation for "Cornelius Kegs," I'd recommend an apostrophe to represent all the missing letters. Hence, "Corny's".

Since "Cornys" is an abbreviation for "Cornelius Kegs," I'd recommend an apostrophe to represent all the missing letters. Hence, "Corny's".
What a corny thing to get hung up on.... I think I'll brew a cream ale :p
I have enough Corny’s that I’m no longer going to buy any more. The last new one I got came out of India & it has been nothing but a problem. The best ones I have are the old Pepsi & Coke ones out of the 1970’s.
Sorry you bought AMCYL... If you ever consider another new one, I can highly recommend AEB and these new Kegland ones look promising...I'll be cleaning/sanitizing/purging them this week and filling them in just over a week and will definitely post my opinions of them.

Lol,. Corny's implies possession. So cornies would be more than one Cornelius keg. Last year I purchased two new cornies from AIG that I'm very happy with. Since then I've bought 3 torpedo kegs from morebeer that I love. Moving forward I'll only buy Torpedo kegs.

Lol,. Corny's implies possession. So cornies would be more than one Cornelius keg. Last year I purchased two new cornies from AIG that I'm very happy with. Since then I've bought 3 torpedo kegs from morebeer that I love. Moving forward I'll only buy Torpedo kegs.
I’ve had mixed results with Torpedoes. Got several of them when they first came out, maybe 5-6 years ago. The cap seals were finicky to seat and would often leak.

They finally started sealing reliably after pressurizing to upper limit, though that was an uncomfortable experience. Right now I’m toying switching to sixtels with Sankey spears.

Back