What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12BOC2022 from @GoodTruble! Thank you!
IMG_2764.JPG

Butter Vanilla emulsion and Sugar Cookie extract. Gonna try a small batch , maybe 1.5 or 2.5 gallon of experimental Sugar Cookie Christmas brew. I'm already making a 5 gal white Christmas Ale with the ubiquitous vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and sweet orange peel so if this small batch crashes and burns not a huge loss.

Attachments

• IMG_20221202_173456773.jpg
    IMG_20221202_173456773.jpg
    586.3 KB · Views: 0
Butter Vanilla emulsion and Sugar Cookie extract. Gonna try a small batch , maybe 1.5 or 2.5 gallon of experimental Sugar Cookie Christmas brew. I'm already making a 5 gal white Christmas Ale with the ubiquitous vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and sweet orange peel so if this small batch crashes and burns not a huge loss.
Sounds good, other than the nutmeg.....🤢

Yesterday I got 3 more lid seals for my 30 liter Speidel fermenter. They tend to get stretched out a bit after several uses, to the point of not sealing very well. They can also a bit hard to find occasionally, so I like to grab a few when I see them in stock. Also in the same order are a pair of DuoTight QD's. I've been wanting to try them, hopefully they work well. I love the simplicity of DuoTight/EVABarrier.

In the same order, but not arriving until Monday is a Blow Tie spunding valve.

I got my new tri clamp heating elements from the Kal at the Electric Brewery. This is truly an upgrade from the plug end elements that I had. The plug end ones generate a lot of heat and sooner or later cause some melting and issues. These are built like tanks and are hard wired and still removeable from the boil kettle to clean it out without dragging the cord! Best upgrade in a long time! Are we really ever done upgrading our rigs?!
elements.jpg

John

I love this bucket too ! I make more 3 gallon batches than 5 so it sees more action in the last 2 years than my 2 7 gallon Chapman's. Great little SS bucket that could !!!
Thanks for validating my purchase! I have a plastic bucket that size, just knowing it will need replacement some day, I’ve been looking for one at a reasonable price point without success, so when this went on sale I decided it was the right time.

Three of these 12 BOC arrived yesterday. Thanks Sean!
62EDA9A0-3294-4D4D-8A3B-017466CF9C46.jpeg

Those look great! I work out of Greeley! We should meet up and have a brew!
Thanks! It's funny. I moved here for college back in 2010 and hated it so much I couldn't wait to get out but since then, it has grown on me where I actually quite enjoy it here. I joke around with my beer friends that Weldwerks is reason enough to stick around! 😂

This one is from Micromatic, and interfaces with a standard US shank. Micromatic calls it a Swing Lever Faucet. (The ones from Lukr need adapters.)

https://www.micromatic.com/content-522273.html
Santa said, “Too pricey for Bad Boys, but if you’re VERY good you can put it on a Birthday list.”

He, he. I already know what toys Santa is bringing this year, so I guess I can wait.

Looks wonderful !!!! How's it work ? 😳. Looks like something Boba Fett dropped...

I'll be able to try it out in a couple weeks with an Altbier I'll be kegging soon. It's a "side pull" faucet for Czech type pours. Basically, they can make a Czech style pour with a creamy head (Hladinka style), or a whole mug full of foam (Mlíko style) if desired, or anything in between, depending on how far open you pull the lever (and when), and whether you dip the end of the faucet below the surface of the beer (and when). That's my poor explanation of it, anyway. I haven't actually used one before, but I have seen them in action (and enjoyed the results).

I'll be able to try it out in a couple weeks with an Altbier I'll be kegging soon. It's a "side pull" faucet for Czech type pours. Basically, they can make a Czech style pour with a creamy head (Hladinka style), or a whole mug full of foam (Mlíko style) if desired, or anything in between, depending on how far open you pull the lever (and when), and whether you dip the end of the faucet below the surface of the beer (and when). That's my poor explanation of it, anyway. I haven't actually used one before, but I have seen them in action (and enjoyed the results).
Sounds like a winner ! Czech is one of my fave styles. But I'll just have to make it along some how with my run of the mill Perlick foam controls 🤣. Some of us can't afford Starwars type advanced gear !!!

Latest posts

Back