What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn’t come in the mail, but I guess I technically emailed the order. Birthday next week and football draft the week after. Wife talked me into opening my wallet to buy beers for the occasions.
77B6255C-4C37-4A05-A6A2-F0D4FA33577E.jpeg

My custom-made Spike 15-gallon brew kettle with a steam condenser lid, tri-clamp fittings, and all the accessories. Everything arrived in excellent condition, especially after submitting the drawing approval only 3 days prior. Talk about super fast fabrication, shipping and delivery OMG wow! Spike certainly exceeded my expectations of perfection. Looking forward to brewing many batches of homebrew with this quality equipment!

20210828_123149.jpg
20210828_124846.jpg
20210828_124903.jpg

My f**king new freezer was supposed to be delivered by Best Buy between 1:30-5:30. I received no less than three reminders on email and text.
A little before noon I received an email and text requesting that I schedule an appointment for delivery!!!
The assh*les knew at 7AM that a “route” was eliminated (read the f’ing driver didn’t show up and they waited 5 hours to tell me!!!!
Next available delivery is Friday. 7 AM. They better f’ing show up!!

My f**king new freezer was supposed to be delivered by Best Buy between 1:30-5:30. I received no less than three reminders on email and text.
A little before noon I received an email and text requesting that I schedule an appointment for delivery!!!
The assh*les knew at 7AM that a “route” was eliminated (read the f’ing driver didn’t show up and they waited 5 hours to tell me!!!!
Next available delivery is Friday. 7 AM. They better f’ing show up!!

Sorry to hear that may the beer gods have mercy on you.

My Tapcooler counter pressue bottle filler from Adventures in Homebrewing.
I’d love to hear what you think of that after you use it a few times. I’m considering one myself.
Birthday gift from my wife. The rabbit hole just went deeper…
View attachment 740814
You’ll love kegging. One tip right from the start… lengthen that liquid hose on that picnic tap or we’ll be hearing from you in the bottling and kegging forum wondering why your pours are so foamy.
On topic—
New IPA glasses
DD592C04-66E9-4254-A372-87F8BC7E55B8.jpeg

@camonick
How long do you suggest? I really haven’t looked into kegging at all and she shocked the hell out of me. The most I bothered was to measure my fridge when I bought it on the off chance I would make that plunge, and here we are, haha.

@camonick
How long do you suggest? I really haven’t looked into kegging at all and she shocked the hell out of me. The most I bothered was to measure my fridge when I bought it on the off chance I would make that plunge, and here we are, haha.
Well… you were talking about a rabbit hole?:cool:
For typical vinyl tubing like what’s supplied with your setup, a good rule of thumb is a MINIMUM of 1 foot of 3/16” ID tubing per psi on your regulator. Most beers will be kept at approximately 12 psi +/- depending on your carbonation preferences. If you’re serious about upgrading, I’d suggest 4mm EVABarrier tubing. There is even a new picnic tap design available if you still want to keep things simple. With the EVA, you can reduce line length to 6-8’ because it has such a small ID, which creates more resistance. You can post any questions you encounter in the kegging forum or PM me and I can do my best to help you further down the hole.o_O
https://www.morebeer.com/products/hand-held-beer-faucet-duotight-compatible-stem.html

@camonick

The only line length calculator you need is: Determining Proper hose length for your Kegerator

But, as @camonick mentioned, The EVA Barrier tubing doesn't require the lengths that others do. You could adjust the "e" variable to adjust for it though.

Lactic acid for pH leveling and potassium bicarbonate for the seltzer I'm going to do either tomorrow night or this weekend. Talk about a rabbit hole...the more I get into reading about hard seltzers and the "best" ways to brew them the more stuff I seem to need. Also five pairs of cheap reading glasses since they seem to go the way of the wind around here. Embarrassed to admit I need them at only 54 (I'm still young! I remember high school!! Kinda....) but the print on the manifests I use at work keeps getting smaller and the monitor screens can only be moved so much closer to my face. Also the tattered copy of 2015 BJCP guidelines I keep next to my "desk" in the brewery...was that 5.5% or 9.5%ABV?

My custom-made Spike 15-gallon brew kettle with a steam condenser lid, tri-clamp fittings, and all the accessories. Everything arrived in excellent condition, especially after submitting the drawing approval only 3 days prior. Talk about super fast fabrication, shipping and delivery OMG wow! Spike certainly exceeded my expectations of perfection. Looking forward to brewing many batches of homebrew with this quality equipment!

View attachment 740636View attachment 740637View attachment 740638
Are you gonna brew in that or bring forth life in a primordial soup ? 😳😳😳 Definitely mad Fermentationalist type gear !! But it looks SWEEEEET !!!

Skywalker! Lord Vaders wayward lost son. Vader to represent Dark beer 😁 and his ...son...😒...to represent light beer. Now my Dark Kegerator is complete. The Emperor will be most pleased. 17 years ago I was the brewing Padawan, now I am the master...at least in my own mind 😂😂😂

More reading material, this plus BYO's Yeast issueView attachment 741475. Now if only I could schedule a brew day...
I feel you. I honestly think my wife is purposely blocking my every brew day move. I have a Doppelbock and Irish Red recipes chomping at the bit...for 2 months now. My Doppelbock should be in its 2nd month already. So now instead of fall football beer I'll be lucky if it's ready for new years. At least the Irish could be done by the end of Sept....IF I can manage a Sneaky Pete recon to the LHBS, do a end around the ever vigilant wife and juggle my 3x a week cardiac Rehab....Im in need of a serious battle plan...which of course any current or former military know goes right out the window the moment the plan is set in motion !!! It's a serious Charlie Brown crisis..ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGUHHHHHH!!!

I feel you. I honestly think my wife is purposely blocking my every brew day move. I have a Doppelbock and Irish Red recipes chomping at the bit...for 2 months now. My Doppelbock should be in its 2nd month already. So now instead of fall football beer I'll be lucky if it's ready for new years. At least the Irish could be done by the end of Sept....IF I can manage a Sneaky Pete recon to the LHBS, do a end around the ever vigilant wife and juggle my 3x a week cardiac Rehab....Im in need of a serious battle plan...which of course any current or former military know goes right out the window the moment the plan is set in motion !!! It's a serious Charlie Brown crisis..ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGUHHHHHH!!!
Charlie_Brown_-_AAUGH%21.jpg

It'll be ok Charlie Brown lol. I'm sure she'll ease up in the coming months.
Funny you should mention that. I did a nice diversion tactic after dropping her off at work. Need to go to a certain Harbour Freight which just happens to be a few convenient miles from my fave LHBS. I'm waiting for the doors to open in 5 min, do my quick assault on supplies, a real snatch and grab hit and run and back to home base before the commander even know I'm gone...hehehe...of course, if no one hears from me for a couple of days.. or ever...i was caught, courts martialed and will probably be serving a lengthy sentence in the dog house at hard labor 😳😳😳

Funny you should mention that. I did a nice diversion tactic after dropping her off at work. Need to go to a certain Harbour Freight which just happens to be a few convenient miles from my fave LHBS. I'm waiting for the doors to open in 5 min, do my quick assault on supplies, a real snatch and grab hit and run and back to home base before the commander even know I'm gone...hehehe...of course, if no one hears from me for a couple of days.. or ever...i was caught, courts martialed and will probably be serving a lengthy sentence in the dog house at hard labor 😳😳😳
Recon supply grab successful !!! Out through the base wire and back slick as a whistle none the wiser. Now if I can get her to go in to her job early enough Fri (she's front office so has a lot of leeway) , it's game on !
20210907_123031.jpg

An Avantco IC3500 as the last piece of gear I need (for now) to start setting up my garage brew space. I have to finish a project inside first, get a plumber out for some plumbing changes in the garage and then it's time to get building!

Just received my Pumpzilla to replace my almost dead chuggar pump (have to tap with a hammer to get it going.) Also bought myself a new Taprite single CO2 regulator for carbing. The original regulator was donated to me when I bought some tanks off craiglsist and had to be close to 25 years old. The the adjuster screw seized out of nowhere.

After trying everything to get decent coffee at home, I gave up. Today came in the Nespresso machine with automatic (easy!) milk frother. Dunk the milk, press the button, and perfection ensues. Quest over.

Kombucha fermenting @82F in the background.

20210907_171549.jpg

Back