What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty pumped to try this new yeast to see if the rave is worth it. Ordered on 8/4, shipped on 8/4 from WI (farmhouse brewing supply) to NC, just got it today and still cool! Even better is the manufacture date was only 8days ago! :rock:Never got a yeast this fresh before. Will overbuild the starter.

View attachment 738052
Nice. I just ordered that on Monday.

Got an awesome porch bomb of Hb and Merch from @RCope todsy!! Yes, it’s as sexy in person and it is in the picture! Thanks brother!!
59BC6046-B264-410E-89A5-D773E85C84F0.jpeg

F79C363A-88DA-4847-95E5-0590AC8AA188.jpeg
This (photo above) arrived the day I left for vacation from @TheEagleRising which he “muled” some beers for me & tossed in some extras along with some home brews too!! Thanks again bud!! Thankfully my father placed the box in the beer fridge that day for me. Now I can’t wait to enjoy some this week!

Then this (photo below) wasn’t delivered by UPS, FedEx or DHL but by myself. I brought this haul home one our way home from Maine today. 😬 No it’s not all for me but I was kind enough to “mule” orders back for some friends. The wife wasn’t happy about the beer detour along with the added traffic on a typical Saturday. So we ended up home later than expected but safely.
A14C5B3D-B02D-4312-9358-CF5D48FD5E2C.jpeg

I had to move some of my beers to the house fridge tonight to fit all the new beer I received & brought home (photo below) She probably won’t be thrilled with that either, so I’ll need to get my friends to stop over ASAP to get their TH beers to free up room in the beer fridge.
Oh did I mention I stopped at Maine Beer Company & a beer shop while in Maine too. 😳 Those beers are not pictured.
42123E7A-9AA1-47BE-A369-FC018E143B9E.jpeg

New pH meter and some off-brand damprid buckets for the old SUV and the freezers. Been playing with the pH meter for a while and very impressed. Have had 2 previous very cheap ones from Allmymoneyzgon and both failed, not to mention you have to buy the three packets of solution crystals and calibrate a LOT. The one I got (abour $40) works with calibration solutions of 4.0 and 7.0 which are easily available. Already made a new bucket of starsan and tested it, at 2.6 so I'm doing something right. Planning a nice hazy IPA for this weekend before going to FF draft on Saturday.

New pH meter and some off-brand damprid buckets for the old SUV and the freezers. Been playing with the pH meter for a while and very impressed. Have had 2 previous very cheap ones from Allmymoneyzgon and both failed, not to mention you have to buy the three packets of solution crystals and calibrate a LOT. The one I got (abour $40) works with calibration solutions of 4.0 and 7.0 which are easily available. Already made a new bucket of starsan and tested it, at 2.6 so I'm doing something right. Planning a nice hazy IPA for this weekend before going to FF draft on Saturday.
Yeah I'm sick of buying solutions for mine. Just gonna save and get an electronic one when I can.

Yeah I'm sick of buying solutions for mine. Just gonna save and get an electronic one when I can.
I got the HM Pro PH-80. Feels very heavy-duty, only drawback is the slightly small display for someone with older eyes like me. Just need a flashlight handy. Got the 4.0 and 7.0 calibration solutions at the LHBS for fairly cheap and they'll last a while. Having too much fun. Current beer I'm drinking? 4.5. House tap water? 8.4. So our water is a bit hard, nothing wrong with that. Next beer I brew I'm not adding anything but k-meta and see what I get (our local water is heavy on chloramines per the report I got).

My 9v test leads with wires, 2 sets of stencils 1/2 inch one set cardboard, 1 set brass which I don't like either set so grabbed a vinyl set at Michael's who told me they didn't have any but I dug through their inventory and found some..wonderful knowledgeable customer service 😶 and 2 sets of 9v Alkaline max batteries which was dumb cause I forgot I have a Celestron 12V power tank for my goto telescope mount that I can connect the leads to. So hoping this weekend to etch the kettle.

Actually, I just asked the wife about this and said she forgot to get the mail on Saturday so that is why I got it Sunday morning! I should have another beer before posting!

John

Someone's got your magazine and it's opening up a whole new world to them. They are probably now inspired to buy a home brewery and go down the rabbit hole! Anyway hope your mag shows up soon!

John
Yeah? I'm a very nice guy and forgiving in most things...but not when it comes to my brewing and my equipment!!! If they are enjoying MY BYO mag with my name and address clearly on the label, may the Brew God's in BrewVanna make the steam from their boiling wort cloud their eyes so they misread the recipe!!! May their resulting concoction be as vinegar on their thieving tongues and may they be forever banned from attaining brewing BeerVana!! So let it be written!!! So let it be done !!!

20 feet of high-temp silicone hose, to replace all of the hoses in the brewery. Been using the braided vinyl for years, and just got tired of how discolored and stiff it gets. The new ones fit on my special hose rack (AKA a mop/broom wall mount thing) and look very pretty and new. Also a LOT floppier than I expected. Half tempted to run a water test with them tonight...I know the connections are tight enough, just want to play with something.

Yeah? I'm a very nice guy and forgiving in most things...but not when it comes to my brewing and my equipment!!! If they are enjoying MY BYO mag with my name and address clearly on the label, may the Brew God's in BrewVanna make the steam from their boiling wort cloud their eyes so they misread the recipe!!! May their resulting concoction be as vinegar on their thieving tongues and may they be forever banned from attaining brewing BeerVana!! So let it be written!!! So let it be done !!!
Still no mag. I contacted BYO to see if they will send me a new one. Maybe the mail carrier is the beer mag thief who went down a rabbit hole ? I hope their hole floods with sewer water !!! Curses !! Curses for stealing the Precious !!!

Still no mag. I contacted BYO to see if they will send me a new one. Maybe the mail carrier is the beer mag thief who went down a rabbit hole ? I hope their hole floods with sewer water !!! Curses !! Curses for stealing the Precious !!!

Sean, mine just arrived today. Hopefully yours will be in tomorrows delivery.

Back