What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20210722_124924.jpg

Many things for brewing arrived today. 3.5lbs of hops; 1lb each of Citra Lupomax, Sabro Lupomax, and Mittelfruh, and .5lb of Hallertau Blanc. Also got the new 12" bazooka screen for the BK, so commando hopping is possible (unless huge hop additions late, then will use a bag), and a set of skinny brushes for cleaning hoses and the sight glass on the keggle. Completely set for inaugural brew on finally finished (after 3 years, omg) brewstand tomorrow. I'm like a little kid on Christmas Eve; I know I need to sleep for Santa Ninkasi to arrive, but I'm too excited to! Perhaps a few pints of the really yummy Sabro/Citra IPA I have on tap will help that....

nothing like first two, with a hand written address! ;) :mug:

Perhaps a few pints of the really yummy Sabro/Citra IPA I have on tap will help that....

what is it 5pm there? so figuring 30-45 minutes a drink for the work up, but i'm almost as excited as you for the brew day! i can't wait to hear a story from someone brewing on a serious NG burner! brewing on my stove makes me feel like i'm still 18 and in my mom's kitchen......

10 plastic irrigation sprinkler heads I ordered from Amazon over a month ago. I didn't realize they were shipping from China! 🙃 (seriously) They don't look very sturdy but they work well. And the frame is black plastic so maybe UV from the sun won't eat them up.

Totally and completely forgot that YVH always sends a new sticker with hop orders! Had to dig the Fedex bag out of the trash to retrieve it. Either I brew too much or just have way too many hops on hand (yah I have a whole chest freezer dedicated to hops, doesn't everybody?) but I just counted my total different YVH stickers and I have THIRTEEN. I need to order more hops to raise that because, well, thirteen might be unlucky.

Totally and completely forgot that YVH always sends a new sticker with hop orders! Had to dig the Fedex bag out of the trash to retrieve it. Either I brew too much or just have way too many hops on hand (yah I have a whole chest freezer dedicated to hops, doesn't everybody?) but I just counted my total different YVH stickers and I have THIRTEEN. I need to order more hops to raise that because, well, thirteen might be unlucky.
Thanks for the heads up… I’ve never ordered from them before and didn’t know they did that. Had to dig my shipping pouch out of the trash also to find my sticker. Might put it on one of my kegs. I’m also impressed by how fast I received my order. I placed the order Wednesday night and the hops were on my doorstep by 5:00 PM Friday afternoon. They went from Washington to Tennessee and here to Colorado in less than 2 days. I also got a 10% discount for being a first responder.
28EA38BE-6381-4DC2-9957-0295BF18F21C.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up… I’ve never ordered from them before and didn’t know they did that. Had to dig my shipping pouch out of the trash also to find my sticker. Might put it on one of my kegs. I’m also impressed by how fast I received my order. I placed the order Wednesday night and the hops were on my doorstep by 5:00 PM Friday afternoon. They went from Washington to Tennessee and here to Colorado in less than 2 days. I also got a 10% discount for being a first responder.
View attachment 736713
Yes, they are superfast! I also placed my order on Wednesday, and got it Friday; those few times there have been shipping delays make me laugh however since I could drive there in less than 4 hours!

Where did you find the kegs?
I found them here. I had a bit of trouble with the checkout procedure on the website and couldn't complete the payment process using my credit card. I had to use the "contact us" email because the phone number didn't work either. I was able to finally complete the transaction through email back and forth with the owner. Not the smoothest business deal for me, but it worked in the end.

Came home from running errands to a hop box on my steps! Apparently my wife has been checking yvh for a few months to check availability and was finally able to order one a few weeks ago. Pretty exciting stuff and I’ve only brewed with one of these beforehand. Eeeeeeeeeeee

View attachment 737019

Wow, she's a total keeper.

All new plastic equipment (buckets, hoses, airlocks, racking cane, siphon, thief, spigot, brushes) today plus DME, dextrose, campden, & yeast nutrient. I have a BK dip tube coming Tuesday.

Hoping to schedule my first brew day since the summer of 2015 for August 7th.

I’ll have to bottle the first few brews because the next build project is a keezer.

Attachments

• 09CD8421-0A40-4DB2-B278-95E276414B57.jpeg
    09CD8421-0A40-4DB2-B278-95E276414B57.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
New diptube for the kettle arrived today, along with a pound of fermax since I was running low. Went with the "we pick the shipping method" on brewhardware.com, and it arrived in less than 3 days for not too much $$. About to load up the kettle with 12 gallons for the final test (also to make absolutely damn sure the thing is clean) before brewday on Sunday...also because it's fun.

20210805_165444[1].jpg

Pretty pumped to try this new yeast to see if the rave is worth it. Ordered on 8/4, shipped on 8/4 from WI (farmhouse brewing supply) to NC, just got it today and still cool! Even better is the manufacture date was only 8days ago! :rock:Never got a yeast this fresh before. Will overbuild the starter.

IMG_0559.jpg

Back