What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both Sides of Midnight by Dexter Gordon on vinyl.... Pure butta
20220613_165351.jpg
20220613_165419.jpg

Saw that McMullan was posting a song to listen to in the shower, and that made me think of this (there's swearing):

Have these half-speed lp's been around long? First I've heard of them.
I am not sure when it started. The three or four albums I have that are half speed sound amazing. I am not a vinyl snob, I got my first turntable in March, a Fluance Rt-85 and I have been enjoying it, hearing all the songs on an album instead just playing a few songs from the iPod, it really has opened my eyes up to some of favorite artists.

Half-speed mastered Vinyl has been around since at least the late 70s. Back then they were put out by Mobile Fidelity if I’m remembering correctly, but they were made to be played at 33 1/3, not 45 rpm like today. I don't know why or when they changed.
I gave away my turntable and 1000+ vinyl albums back in NY rather than lug them across country when we moved.

All this turntable/vinyl talk is making me jealous. My turntable and vinyl will have to remain in storage until I can come up with somewhere in my 410 sq. ft. of living space.

Half-speed mastered Vinyl has been around since at least the late 70s. Back then they were put out by Mobile Fidelity if I’m remembering correctly, but they were made to be played at 33 1/3, not 45 rpm like today. I don't know why or when they changed.
I gave away my turntable and 1000+ vinyl albums back in NY rather than lug them across country when we moved.
The other half speeds I have are at 33, Ziggy Stardust and a Motorhead Ace of Spades album

Recently released song, "I Won't Be Led Astray" off the new Alan Parsons album, (From the New World), set to drop on July 15th. The song features David Pack (from the group Ambrosia) on vocals, and also a nice guitar solo by Joe Bonamassa.

I'm a 'Til Tuesday fan, and of course love their signature "Voices Carry", still have all three of their albums in vinyl.
It's mystifying to me that they were so short lived...especially considering how long the whole NW Grunge thing (bleh) lasted in contrast 🤨

Cheers!

Back