What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
51D-iyrTxjL._SY780_.jpg

Very very folksy, but does have the original version of Sound of Silence

Last edited:
1978, band out of Scotland, wonderful song, first heard the cover by Man or Astro Man, surf punk band. Thought is was there song until I stumbled on this a few years ago.

i don't get meddle...in fact i had to look it up to see if it meant something different then i thought...but it did get me to play this...

I was cleaning off my desk top to make way for a new desktop to replace my very old MacBook Pro and found an iPod Nano gen 3 and accessories. It charged up with no problem so I’m listening to the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac as I finish clearing up.

Had to google fingerstyle, but I did like song you posted. Heard this the other day, does this count as fingerstyle guitar?

I'd say it is. Wikipedia say "Fingerstyle guitar is the technique of playing the guitar or bass guitar by plucking the strings directly with the fingertips, fingernails, or picks attached to fingers". Adrian just happens to be my favorite fingerstyle guitarist, along with Leo Kotke and Preston Reed.

Thanks @JPBowden. I can't say I am too familiar with the style of playing or the artists you mentioned. I do enjoy listen to most kinds of music and definitely like the sound of an acoustic guitar from time to time so I will have to give them all a listen.

Seldom do I post a tune W/O entertaining video to accompany, but tonight I make an exception. It is late, it is Friday, and I've had several pints. Looking back to simpler times, again. Old Chevys w bootleg suspensions, hard cider for sale along the road in VT(if you knew who to talk to), ..Pretty gal riding shotgun...effin eh...

Some of this dude's tunes were essential road music in the days of "the chevy(s) of doom.." ... but I digress.

Back