What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They been doin' this stuff in the colonies here for centuries... ever had Jersey Lightning Applejack?
1641267535623.png

Last edited:
What kind of heathen filters beersmith recipes from last addition to first?!?
Me, I guess. I’ve never even noticed that before to be honest. I was adding and subtracting different kinds of hops and yeast. It prints them in the correct order when I print the “brew steps” page on brew day.

I’ve honestly never printed the recipes out so I’d never noticed that. Printers are a nemesis (seriously, it’s bad. And I’m a damn press operator/printer but I cannot function a computer printer…) and I opt to keep my MacBook open during brew day.

Computer printers are not designed to be convenient, they're designed to vacuum money out of your wallet.

You're doing just fine. You don't have to print. Ever.

This is just a regular doppelbock but as good as any of the German ones I have had ... think Spaten Optimator
I've never had an Optimator if I ever see it I'll try it. Generally any doppel that ends with ator is good. Hard to find any Doppels around my parts. I used to have to drive 30 miles just to have an Aventinus. All the stores around here seem stuck in the 90s with Hofbrau and Warsteiners. Those are decent beers but that's about as German as it gets in my stores. Every now and then I get lucky and find a few bombers of Aventinus.

I've never had an Optimator if I ever see it I'll try it. Generally any doppel that ends with ator is good. Hard to find any Doppels around my parts. I used to have to drive 30 miles just to have an Aventinus. All the stores around here seem stuck in the 90s with Hofbrau and Warsteiners. Those are decent beers but that's about as German as it gets in my stores. Every now and then I get lucky and find a few bombers of Aventinus.
You gotta find some Optimator, it is an unforgettable beer.

@Immocles I have that on tap. One of my favorites. Had to get one more keg that was brewed while Larry was still at the helm..
It’s definitely what I think of when I think ipa. I don’t buy it super often anymore but I wandered through the liq store today and saw it was a couple bucks off sale price and figured it was a sign. Goes down too quickly though.

Back