What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PXL_20220104_235018050.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220105_020715321.jpg

I found this in the wine cave today. Look at the date and the serving instructions. It was served at cave temp. When I first tasted it I thought it was oxidized but by the second sip I realized it had an extraodinary flavor. I've got 2 more in the cave to enjoy this week.

Attachments

• IMGP1295 (2).JPG
    IMGP1295 (2).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 469
Wow @corkybstewart that's a nice find. I think Orvals get better with age. Bet is was a pleasant prize to enjoy drinking g.
It was better than I anticipated-if it wasn't already dark here I'd go across the street for another. In 2016 my wife and I spent a week in Belgium and I brought back a bunch of beer with the idea I would drink one of each every time we were in France to see how they evolved with time. The cave stays about 50F year round so time was pretty much the only variable. Unfortunately my mother in law started giving a bottle of wine to the home care nurse every day and when she ran out of wine (hers and ours) she gave away all my beers. She was starting to have serious dementia. The in laws were so upset that our cave was empty within a week they had given us probably 200 bottles to get us through the summer. And I put a gate and lock on our section of the cave

I came home early from work today because of poor road conditions and near zero visibility, only to have to go out on a fire/rescue call involving a BNSF coal train vs. pickup. Luckily no injuries there. They released school early too and one of our buses was involved in a hit and run accident when it was stopped to unload kids. Very lucky that there were no injuries there either. A bus accident is one emergency call I never want to have to respond to. Dinner is done and I’m going to have a HB chocolate porter to take the edge off this cold ass day. Hopefully I get to stay home the rest of the night.
CAE99338-CC08-4640-9240-99E48828A35A.jpeg

A48A63E8-5DBE-499E-BFB1-A53ADC4EEE43.png

Back