What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over the last few days, some highlights.

12mo HB Gunstock Ale, an old HBT nod to British brett'd stock ales

18mo HB 1914 Courage Imperial Stout, recipe courtesy of Ron Pattinson

24mo HB British Barleywine, recipe courtesy of Josh Weikert

Two very full-flavored 47/48% whiskeys from Copper Mule Distillery in Hermann, MO courtesy of my MIL. Super big in flavor, smooth, very warm for a very long time.

Two very nice mimosas courtesy of my SIL. The good oj, with a bit pineapple and strawberry. Not too sweet.

Last edited:
A second Black & Tan. I haven’t had these in eons. My wife got me the Lagerhead Black & Tan Turtle for my stocking. Might as well put it to use, right? I tried it with my HB Scotch Ale and Old Rasputin clone, as well as HB Scotch Ale and HB Stout. I didn’t get the desired separation. I like this separation though.
85526399-77ED-4D75-8121-041FB0D8A67C.jpeg

Moose Drool in a Hogeland Fire Department mug.

Went to the funeral of a really good friend today. A neighbor, world class beer drinker, great father and grandfather, jack of many trades, and an EMT and fellow firefighter. Heart attack at 57. In a town of 75 people there were about 300 in attendance, many of them emergency services members from around the county. I held it together until the county dispatcher made the final call. If you’re not involved with fire, law enforcement or EMS that probably doesn’t mean anything, but for those of us in the services that really makes it final.

Steve, many glasses are being raised in your memory tonight. Rest easy, buddy.

BA689889-7EB9-45B6-970E-92B49CAAEF25.jpeg

Went to the funeral of a really good friend today. A neighbor, world class beer drinker, great father and grandfather, jack of many trades, and an EMT and fellow firefighter. Heart attack at 57. In a town of 75 people there were about 300 in attendance, many of them emergency services members from around the county. I held it together until the county dispatcher made the final call. If you’re not involved with fire, law enforcement or EMS that probably doesn’t mean anything, but for those of us in the services that really makes it final.

View attachment 808861
My condolences Mark.

View attachment 808861
Sorry to hear about your Friend.

I got to do a vertical tasting with these a few months ago with '14, '15, and '16. Then, the owner of the place sat down with us holding a jar of marshmallows and a crack torch. He toasted them on toothpicks, dipped them in the beer and passed them around. Awesome stuff.
I have 19, 20, 21, &22, I just need next year and I'll do a vertical

More beers from my friend in Texas..that ended up down the drain..

First one I probably could have drank, but I just kicked the keg on my oatmeal stout the other day which was truly stellar IMO. This..not so much.

Second..over sweet and tasted like cardboard.

FE94DC21-F5F2-4C68-989D-45B8BC390D74.jpeg

A9110EB7-6B2D-435C-9749-AC36C4FBFE11.jpeg

View attachment 808861
Sorry to hear about your friend. Sad to hear.

Latest posts

Back