What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got these rocks glasses for Christmas

EB3635AF-B78D-4A82-9622-430C78F854EE.jpeg

Last edited:
The first pour of my Red IPA. If I had to say what it tasted like, I’d say it’s more of a hoppy red, similar to the Smog City Sabre-Tooth Squirrel, locally here in Torrance and available around. A little toasty, a little caramel, and citrus pine from the hops. It still needs to clear and more carbonation but I like it.

Attachments

• FB962F1C-4377-492B-80E2-9C9F5AFB1C51.jpeg
    FB962F1C-4377-492B-80E2-9C9F5AFB1C51.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I stepped on the scale for the first time in over a month the day after Christmas, and it wasn't as bad as I feared but bad enough. So I've cut *way* back, as in I haven't had any alcohol or sweets yet this week (instead of several strong beers and a whiskey or two *every day* and the usual holiday sweets). I'll have a couple or drinks on New Year's Eve, and maybe a beer New Year's day, but I gotta lose 20 pounds or so in a hurry, and it doesn't hurt to give my liver a rest.

But I'm watching this thread and enjoying the beers vicariously. :D It's trendy to do "dry January", but why wait until January, and it doesn't have to be totally dry. I'll probably have a couple a week and make sure they are good ones. Carry on!
Please all get up an hour earlier ( in summer otherwise later on ok ) and walk a minimum of 2 miles first hour or sooner if you are already in better condition. Then you can drink a couple of typical ( healthy ) home brews without feeling guilty . Oh , and please eat no more each day than you did at least 10 years before when you were playing sport or at least exercising briskly each day . Result : do not feel
guilty about what you eat and drink within moderation and also more generously after keeping records of many times regularly catching more marine creatures fit to eat ,

Rummaged through the beer fridge and found a can of Copper State Kolsch - good to wash down the malt dust from weighing out grain and will get me through some milling. A fairly good "light" beer, certainly a step up from other light beers but not something I'd dash out to buy myself.

Happy 2023 Everyone! Brew on!

Blonde Doppelbock for the first brew of 2023 for me.

Homebrewed wild ale with my house culture. My 4 and 2 year old sons helped me pick 6 lbs of wild black caps from the rail trail this past summer View attachment 809233
I'm not familiar with the term Black Cap, what is it? If it's Blackberries, I did the same with my daughter a few years back and made a wheat beer with them. Anyhow, your HB looks great!

I'm not familiar with the term Black Cap, what is it? If it's Blackberries, I did the same with my daughter a few years back and made a wheat beer with them. Anyhow, your HB looks great!
Thanks man. In the northeastern US we have wild black raspberries that pretty much grow every where on the outskirts of forests or wooded area. I grew up calling them blackcaps
183BEAE0-7CCE-4F3A-BB29-D72248AEDE13.jpeg

Last edited:
Back