What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I'll be drinking nothing again tonight while looking and drooling at everyone else's pictures here. Wife is dragging me to a dance recital for our friends' daughter.
With all the beer I have right now, plus all the beer NIZZLE sent me, I was hoping to get some drinking done tonight.
I also stopped on the way home from work and picked myself up a treat.

View attachment 127340

I guess it'll have to wait.

Nah, just be the guy drinking fancy beer and eating runny cheese at the kid's dance recital.

image-1009724711.jpg

Tasty pick up

Billy-Klubb said:
trade with NoKatoBrewer. and all I brought for him was 5 home brews... I'll have to hook you up next time, brutha. thanks again! you'll have to let me know when you're coming this way!

now, what to try first...

You got it dude!!! It was nice meetin ya today and I'm hella stoked to try your brews!! The rose hip Saison will be the first to go!!! Watch those SR capped stouts, got some gushers!!!

atimmerman88 said:
Shame the series had to go that way....Really wanted my Hawks to be able to beat up on the 'guins

You and me both. And for similar reasons. Would've been nice to beat on some hawks in the finals!

TNGabe said:
Nah, just be the guy drinking fancy beer and eating runny cheese at the kid's dance recital.

Yeah, I should've brought it. This is painful.
;)

I'm finishing a bottle of Rogue XS Dead Guy. It's tasty. I'll have another one in an hour or so.

Southern Tier Unearthly with homemade pierogies, sausage, and sautéed onions! All while watching the Spongebob Movie with the kiddo. Thank god it's almost over.

tyzippers said:
Southern Tier Unearthly with homemade pierogies, sausage, and sautéed onions! All while watching the Spongebob Movie with the kiddo. Thank god it's almost over.

Ugh... Sponge Bob. Drinking a Sixpoint Resin watching Fantastic Four w my kids. :mug:

I'm doing a side by side tasting of Wychwood Hobgoblin (bottled, purchased in Newfoundland) and my partial mash bastardization of the Cooper's Hop Gobbler recipe.

If my calculations are correct my "kind of a clone of a kind of a clone" came in at about 5.2% (same as Hobgoblin) and the carbonation levels look and feel similar. Mouth feel is pretty close and they taste (to me anyway) like the same style of beer. However my beer is noticably darker than the Hobgoblin and the hop flavour and aroma is much more aparent in the Hobgoblin.

My beer is about 4 weeks old now. 3 weeks bottle conditioning at around 20C and then stuck in the fridge for six days. The taste may improve as it gets older but the hop flavour and aroma will probably die out even more making it even less like Hobgoblin.

In the end my beer isn't Hobgoblin (really didn't expect it would be) but I'm pleased enough with it. It'll get drank.

Back