What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give me some input on my two saison/farmhouse/funky Brett's please sir.

I'd be happy too, but I haven't had either one. St Somewhere doesn't distribute in TN or NC anymore. Or if they are in NC still, they are distributed by Shelton Bros and not available in western NC. I've got a couple trades to take care of, but I'd be interested in getting some St Somewhere and 7eventh Sun stuff from you at some point.:tank:

image-4214976371.jpg

Terrapin Maggie's Peach Farmhouse Ale. I love Terrapin, this beer, not so much. It seems really "cartoon-ish" compared to the other brews I have had tonight.

That's kind of a 'fake' lambic. It's sweetened and not very sour or complex, but some folks really like it. It is tricky when you're getting into sours. Duchesse is another one on the sweet side, but not like the Lindemanns Kriek.

But then again according to Cantilion less than 2% of lambics on the mkt are "real"

TNGabe said:
I'd be happy too, but I haven't had either one. St Somewhere doesn't distribute in TN or NC anymore. Or if they are in NC still, they are distributed by Shelton Bros and not available in western NC. I've got a couple trades to take care of, but I'd be interested in getting some St Somewhere and 7eventh Sun stuff from you at some point.:tank:

We could definitely do that. I am picking more Saint Somewhere up, I will be near 7nth Sun very soon and I will try to stop in. I know that you know funky Brett/sours and was hoping for some input on the "average one". I realize that is probably not possible, but the spiciness of the Saison Athene really has me intrigued. It had a "hot" mouthfeel, which was awesome. I was wondering if that was common, it's like the first time drinking a Arrogant Bastard, you like it, but you don't know why.

Forgot to take photos, but I visited a couple of local breweries this afternoon. Had Smog City "The Nothing" which is a double chocolate imperial stout (big and tasty), and "Third Nipple Tripel" which is a Belgian tripel--a little green but should be really tasty in another month or so. The aroma is fantastic.

Then I went to Monkish Brewing....had Shaolin Fist, which is a "dubbel" with szechuan pepper--quite tasty but lacking the raisin/plum esters I expect in a proper dubbel. Also Anomaly, which I guess is a Belgian Dark Strong...when it is new it's a bit rough, but after it ages a bit--wow...it is super smooth and delicious.

Been tossing back Guinness like it's my job watching the Bruins at the local sports pub. No idea how many I've had but wooo on to the Stanley cup finals.

LoloMT7 said:
It's great stuff! Have you drank any of the ones I sent you yet?

No not yet been trying not to drink during the week. The homebrew is the first I'm going for tho! Most likely tomorrow I will def let you know

Had my first bottle of dragons milk! Wow! I love stouts and this one caught me by surprise!!

Glad to see more people getting to try the Dragon's Milk! That's some damn tasty stuff! It's pretty abundant in my little town. I kinda took it for granted. So, if I can help anyone out with the Dragon's Milk, let me know!

My Huma Tropic Pineapple IIPA and for some reason had a need to jam some old school punk music...good times. You had this beer yet Lolo??

Dude I was so looking forward to it I didn't even want to post the results :-( I had it in the refrigerator for at least 2 weeks and when I opened it I got a gusher maybe 2 Oz after all was said and done. Maybe pineapple doesn't travel well?

Dude I was so looking forward to it I didn't even want to post the results :-( I had it in the refrigerator for at least 2 weeks and when I opened it I got a gusher maybe 2 Oz after all was said and done. Maybe pineapple doesn't travel well?

Ahhhhhhj!!!!! Dammit that blows. Sorry, have to send you some of next batch later this summer to try again maybe. Its really coming into its own now and clear as a bell

Ahhhhhhj!!!!! Dammit that blows. Sorry, have to send you some of next batch later this summer to try again maybe. Its really coming into its own now and clear as a bell

No worries you sent lots of other great stuff to keep me busy! :mug:

DerCribben said:
So far today I've had a Lagunitas Maximus, a Southern Tier 2XIPA, and a Redhook IPA, next on deck a Victory HopDevil. Aside from the Maximus this is mediocre IPA night...prolly a DFH 60 minute after the HopDevil...

...and then another HopDevil, and finally a Lagunitas Undercover Shutdown.

Then about a gallon of water at 2am.

Now I'm drinking coffee...trying to regain some humanity.

tyzippers said:
Holy crap! If the ST 2X IPA and Hop Devil are mediocre to you, then you must be a spoiled IPA guy! I think those are solid IPAs! Red hook is certainly mediocre, no way I'd put the 2X and Victory in the same boat! Feel free to disagree, this is just one man's opinion!

Naw, you've got me there. The Redhook and the DFH 60 are solidly mediocre (although at $10 a 12er here in NH I have sessioned with the RHIPA many, many times) , HopDevil and ST are both decent IPA's. Nothing seemed to have the hop profile I was looking for last night...that being said, I got a quarter to half in the bag looking though :mug:

I'm drinking my freshly kegged pecan porter. It was my very first all grain, and it turned out great before I added the pecan extract. But after I added it, I was afraid I added too much. It's been on co2 for a few days now, and as the carb level has come up, the pecan has mellowed out. It's definitely much better now. I'm actually pretty proud of this one. It's not as good as 512's (which was what i was shooting for), but still pretty dang good.

NIZZLE said:
I'm on the coffee to with one hell off a hang over I so feel like Vomiting :(

Bwahahaha!
I was out at some friends' house last night so I was away from my beer. So I just had three waters.(Miller Lite)
No hang over here. Maybe tomorrow. ;)

Right now drinking a mango iced tea on my way to work.

Having one more cup of coffee before running errands and getting some **** done. I fell asleep after that Heady so I'm quite fine today as well (but going to friends for dinner tonight and we usually end up drinking way too much so I don't know if I'll be so lucky tomorrow! :drunk:)

Missus is out at a music festival for a girl's day out so I'm kicking back on the balcony with Creedence up loud and enjoying a Snake Dog this fine Saturday afternoon!

ForumRunner_20130608_162116.png

Back