What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@BrewMan13 Scotch Ale

PXL_20230606_230114950.PORTRAIT.jpg

A strong red from the south of France. I think my BIL is in a wine club-he hasn't poured us a single local wine in 2 weeks and he doesn't know anything about the wines we have drunk. One Bordeaux was a drain pour, it was really awful.
But this one I really like. It's from the mountains near Narbonne.
20230607_222154.jpg

Last edited:
Founders session wheat. Subtle malt, citrus, floral and hops. Light to medium body. I'd like a little more carbonation but a nice lawnmower beer. My thought is they call it session at 4.6% but then sell it as a pint which I have to drink fast so it doesn't get warm and that is the equivalent of a 6.1% 12oz. Not that I'm complaining!😊🍻
IMG_20230607_165816.jpg

Kettlehouse IPA
1686195844290.jpeg

We’re back at the farm with two grandsons (ages 5 and 8) in tow. Our daughter and SIL flew to Dallas today to empty his mom’s apartment. They’ll be back in a week, or so, with a U-Haul full of stuff nobody really needs or wants and a 20 year old, 200K mile, Lexus SUV. And it’s still raining here. We barely started unloading stuff when the sky opened up and dumped a little over an inch of rain in about 20 minutes.

HB Irish Red in a new glass my son got for me on a recent trip to Washington DC and Gettysburg. He got it for me because of my Irish heritage not because I have any affiliation to the 69th. The 69th Regiment Irish Brigade was a group of volunteers from New York who participated in one of the first battles of the civil war at Manassas. Their motto, at the bottom of their regimental colors(flag), translates from Gaelic to "Who never retreated from the clash of spears" Their battle cry was "Faugh A Ballagh" (Clear the Way)
IMG_0757.jpeg

HB Irish Red in a new glass my son got for me on a recent trip to Washington DC and Gettysburg. He got it for me because of my Irish heritage not because I have any affiliation to the 69th. The 69th Regiment Irish Brigade was a group of volunteers from New York who participated in one of the first battles of the civil war at Manassas. Their motto, at the bottom of their regimental colors(flag), translates from Gaelic to "Who never retreated from the clash of spears" Their battle cry was "Faugh A Ballagh" (Clear the Way)

Companies make up regiments, regiments make up brigades. By the time the Irish Brigade joined the fray at Gettysburg, the brigade was compromised of two undersized companies. As part of Sickles' 3rd Corp salient, they fought at the Wheatfield in front of the main Union line. Next day, they held their position in front of a small copse of trees. A quiet part of the field.

Over the course of the war, only two brigades suffered more losses than the Irish.

Note: They were Irish immigrants.

Last edited:
Back