What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have fallen behind on bottle cleaning. Usually clean whatever used bottles I have on brew day but haven’t brewed since early August.
6C98A22E-E89F-4396-8242-9C936C87328E.jpeg

Since the Giants might clinch today and the first pitch was early enough to actually watch the game on the East Coast, I decided to treat myself to another sneak peek at my latest batch of Panther Piss CAP. Not bad for just two weeks in the keg.View attachment 744344
That’s a pretty beer for only being 2 weeks old.

Since the Giants might clinch today and the first pitch was early enough to actually watch the game on the East Coast, I decided to treat myself to another sneak peek at my latest batch of Panther Piss CAP. Not bad for just two weeks in the keg.View attachment 744344
That is one incredibly clear beer. Nice!

HB dunkelweizen. Super disappointed since I managed absolutely zero yeast flavors (Munich classic dry). It’s not a bad tasting beer, but just not a dunkelweizen. Back to the drawing board, I guess. Perhaps I’ll try that fancy new omega bananaza yeast next time.
View attachment 744265

Check out this thread for Bananza info. I recently used it and made some notes in the thread regarding how its performance in the fermenter is notably different than traditional hefe yeasts. While I'm not a fan of dunkleweizens, I think Bananza would be an excellent candidate for the style. In fact, thinking about it, I could see myself maybe liking a dunkleweizen with Bananza.

Thanks for putting the germ of an idea in my head.

Edit: Having read your second post, yeah, you want Bananza. It'll deliver what you want.

Last edited:
That’s a pretty beer for only being 2 weeks old.
That is one incredibly clear beer. Nice!

Thank you, both. You guys know how to make some pretty beers, so I appreciate it.

Fully half of the barley in this 1.055 beer is 6-row and even with 20% corn, 10% rice, and a healthy second generation pitch of S-189, it really shouldn't be this clear. It hit TG at the 8-day mark and spent a further thirteen days at 40F in the primary. It really shouldn't be this clear.

The only thing different about my process on this beer is that I've recently started using the Glucabuster enzyme mix. I get pretty clear run off on my recirculation rig, so the Glucabuster didn't seem to be doing much, but perhaps it's showing its worth on the back side of the process?

Thanks again for the kind remarks.

Homebrewed pseudo American light "lager".

I stumbled into a name for it during a discussion with a good friend. I told him it tastes better than Bud and he told me "I think you found a name for it."

With that in mind, I give you my Better Than Bud Kveik Light "lager". Still needs to clarify a bit but it's not bad considering it's only a couple weeks old.

PXL_20211002_215126655.PORTRAIT.jpg

Latest posts

Back