What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lunch beer. May be the most unreadable label in the history of beer labels. Beer isn’t bad, though.
AB36F888-1859-4B71-B7B4-6B2421B99658.jpeg

I got the scoresheets today. The biggest flaw in my Schwarzbier according to the 2 scoresheets seems to be an astringency issue. One judge commented "bitter chocolate" and "high hop bitterness". BeerSmith calculated my IBUs at 22.8, which is towards the low end for style. I added 1.5 oz of 3.7% Mittelfrueh at 60 min and 1.25 oz of the same at 20 min. 🤷‍♂️ Looks like I might have to play around with the grain bill and dark grain additions in my BIAB mash.
That sounds similar to mine. I like mine. If you like yours keep rocking it. It may just not be a competition beer!

Last of the three Mind Haze variations. My opinion, now that I’ve tried all three, is that of “underwhelment.” Not a real word? Then I’m coining it. I just don’t see any point of these. Regular Mind Haze is okay I guess, Double Mind Haze is where it’s at as far as I’m concerned. That’s the MH sweet spot. These variants do nothing for me.

5A890F9D-BD91-4529-ADB0-A0F316BA7C1D.jpeg

This is a cool beer. Different. Hoppy, malty with a little roast, but very smooth and sessionable. Ive always seemed to appreciate Allagash's unique approach to brewing. Still wanting to try one of their Coolship beers which I don't think distribute that I know of.

View attachment 744241
Their coolship program is good close to being really good. Their brewery visit is fun and you can go crazy with their special releases and selection. The price leans on a little expensive tho.

Not sure where you are but you can usually find their coolship if u get their normal distro. I bought a ton of their coolship and lost it somewhere down in my basement. That's a good thing :)

I'd strongly advise trying their Fox Leap. Kinda like a cherry coolship.

OT
IMG_20211001_204735.jpg

Their coolship program is good close to being really good. Their brewery visit is fun and you can go crazy with their special releases and selection. The price leans on a little expensive tho.

Not sure where you are but you can usually find their coolship if u get their normal distro. I bought a ton of their coolship and lost it somewhere down in my basement. That's a good thing :)

I'd strongly advise trying their Fox Leap. Kinda like a cherry coolship.

OTView attachment 744254
Thanks man! I’m in NC and we seem to only get their core beers typically.

This beer is equally as good as the last… almost identical. Hopefully my Märzen that’s fermenting right now tastes this good.
View attachment 744258
You’re late to the Oktoberfest party. I hold out as long as I can, but I start stocking fest biers, Oktoberfests, and marzens at the end of august. Paulaner is one I get each year, without hesitation.

HB dunkelweizen. Super disappointed since I managed absolutely zero yeast flavors (Munich classic dry). It’s not a bad tasting beer, but just not a dunkelweizen. Back to the drawing board, I guess. Perhaps I’ll try that fancy new omega bananaza yeast next time.
View attachment 744265
Waiting to keg my dunkelweizen... I used the same yeast as my spring weissbier... hopefully it will be good. I'm in fermenter from 9-19

Waiting to keg my dunkelweizen... I used the same yeast as my spring weissbier... hopefully it will be good. I'm in fermenter from 9-19
I wish you luck!
This was my fourth shot at a dunkelweizen. Its a style I love, but I can't seem to get any banana notes out of the yeasts that I use. And its the banana that Im really shooting for. None have been dumpers at all. The first two (WL300, WY3068) were mostly clove, and firmly OK. The third was silky smooth (danstar wheat or Munich, cant remember the name) but still lacked any banana esters. This fourth one (danstar classic Munich) has zero clove, zero banana, and just tastes like a chewy dark beer. Still drinkable, but just not at all what I am looking for. The interesting thing is that I made one hefeweizen extract brew back when I was still doing extract kits, and it was oozing with that banana flavor. Maybe I'm just over thinking it after having some experience and just need to severely under pitch and abuse the hell out of the yeast like I was back then.

This is actually really good. I love that it’s a touch more bitterView attachment 744238
I loved this one as well. My Costco isn't carrying it this year.

This beer is 10 years old. Bottled 9/2011.
Back when Clown Shoes was brewed by Mercury Brewing (Ipswich).

I got snipped today.
View attachment 744256View attachment 744257
This beer hits the spot

You'll be fine in a few weeks. Make sure to get the OK from your doctor before you test things out. I had a buddy who tried things out after only a few days and it was bad news bears for a while.

Back