What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1516760912454.jpeg

4 all day IPAs the this Fire, Skulls, and Money bomber.
Home with sick kids all day, doing some work (and drinking) now that they are in bed.

View attachment 554900

4 all day IPAs the this Fire, Skulls, and Money bomber.
Home with sick kids all day, doing some work (and drinking) now that they are in bed.

How is it Jerry? I gifted a bottle to a guy but haven't tried it myself.

My sister is a stones throw from you in granger. I'm up north of dodge near Humboldt.

How is it Jerry? I gifted a bottle to a guy but haven't tried it myself.

My sister is a stones throw from you in granger. I'm up north of dodge near Humboldt.

I was awfully hesitant of the brew last summer, but it has grown to be one of my favorite TG offerings. I'm also no longer in Waukee, but actually north of Algona, back in my hometown.

I'd rate the FSM above Hopsmack for sure, close to King Sue, and the DDH psuedoSue's. I'm not a big Xhop fan either. I just sent a load of TG beers up to Michigan, Zeelander, Lightspeed, and Intergalatica (spelling?) DIPA. I think there was a few DDH Mosiac's in there, as he is a mosiac hop fan.

Decorah psuedoSue rocks the old stuff though, no doubt. I like the original DDH psuedoSue better than the Galaxy or Mosiac ddh.

King sue is definitely a fave. Hard to find down here. DDH is pretty solid too. Haven't had xhop. Had thresher. It's not bad. Tough to beat bombers from decorah directly

August Schell's 2017 "Snowstorm". http://schellsbrewery.com/beer/snowstorm/ I don't know what style it's supposed to be; it's a rye ale, 6.1%, amber colored, and not too bitter. I'm trying to figure out how to brew something similar, and their web site doesn't give much info. (I think 90% pale ale malt, 5% crystal rye, 5% flaked rye, and maybe 28 to 30 IBU might get me close)

I'm glad you liked em! I think hit or miss with the mass public but they've done some cool stuff!! I want one now haha

aviary-image-1516762053784.jpeg

Digging into possible FoTD brews, dry hopped sour hell yeaa
View attachment 554904

This summer/fall @RevKev turned me onto Graft Ciders. I found a place somewhat local (30 mins away) that carries their ciders. I really enjoyed this one and I’m glad I picked up a 4-pack of it! Thanks Kev!!

IMG_0959.jpg

“Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.”

From the bottle:
“The treasures procured to make this black gold of the dark sour beer variety include: barrel aged stout, foeder aged stock ale, peach & apricot kissed, spontaneously fermented wheat beer and fig enhanced Big Bear”

It’s very interesting, but not all that good...

Fricken Allegash White from the store. All four kegs are empty and i'm staring at bubbling fermenters whining about what I just paid for commercial beer :(

Back