What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not right at this moment, but an hour ago.

IMG_2015021326131.jpg

Nightcap. I pulled four 1/2 gallon jugs of cider I've been bulk aging since Oct. 1 of last year to see how they're doing. Surprize! 3 of the 4 were ready to gush. I let the excess release, over several minutes, in the sink and now have them all under refrigeration. The little bit of carb that's left is fine...I'm just glad they didn't blow! Anyway, mix of crab apples(foraged), pears, Pink Cripps apples, and Ginger Gold apples. Interesting. On the dry side. Nice and clear. A little over 13% ABV (woo hoo!). I think I'll just serve from the jugs and skip bottling. @Hello...want one? :mug:

IMG_20150214_011551118.jpg

Tears of pride at my son's Kindergarten graduation ceremony.
I shall pat myself on the back with a few bottles later

Nightcap. I pulled four 1/2 gallon jugs of cider I've been bulk aging since Oct. 1 of last year to see how they're doing. Surprize! 3 of the 4 were ready to gush. I let the excess release, over several minutes, in the sink and now have them all under refrigeration. The little bit of carb that's left is fine...I'm just glad they didn't blow! Anyway, mix of crab apples(foraged), pears, Pink Cripps apples, and Ginger Gold apples. Interesting. On the dry side. Nice and clear. A little over 13% ABV (woo hoo!). I think I'll just serve from the jugs and skip bottling. @Hello...want one? :mug:

Sure! I can cut it with juice.

Water.

Coffee.
Went ahead and pulled the trigger on this.
View attachment 256411
I don't buy many books since they're so freakin expensive and I can usually find most of the information just by searching the web, but I've been wanting this one, so what the heck.

That is a great book! Lots of advanced topics.

Drinking OJ. Craft Beers later.

Yeah, snowed overnight here. Cleared up, then snowed like a fog & cleared up again, but overcast. Huge mug of coffee atm. But had this last night;

Really tastes like root beer, but an ale @ 5.9%. Head is just like the cheaper soda pop versions, disappeared quickly. Maybe on purpose? Excellent flavor though. Really tastes like root beer. Comes from Small Town Brewery in La Crosse, WI.

Coffee...and SWMBO brought eggs, bagel and coffee to me in bed! Happy Valentine's Day, alkies! I have shopping to do.

Water. Lots and lots of water while watching the snow pile up.

Accidentally left my shovel outside last night when I left for brewery. Took forever to find where it was buried lol.

Got some big steaks for dinner, wine for her and a nice collection of goodies to send to Hunter_la5. I hope he likes!

I half expected way more drinking from many of you today. I think I'll start in t minus 20...I have to do my hair so I look good watching TV!

Just a wild guess, but i think that 11 month old 3068 is still viable. Maybe Wes can confirm that after he reads his new coaster.
View attachment 256448

There's the money shot. :p
The lesson is never ever throw out yeast without at least trying to build it back up. I've done a lot of my yeast buying on the marked down expired shelf and never had a problem getting it to take off.

Back