What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411848361.374711.jpg

Why did it take me so long to try this?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Sampled my first bottle of Apfelwein for the 2014 season. It has been 7.5 months coming, and I must say it was well worth the wait. I ended up a hair over 9.5% on the ABV, but the heavy alcohol bite is not present. I will definitely have to pace myself with these. :tank:

Apfelwein_2014.jpg

I see it all the time and have never tried it. There's always something that sounds more interesting from them right next it on the shelf.

It is a solid lager. I am now on a porter from the same brewery. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411852568.491952.jpg also quite good.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I had a kegging sample of my ESB and now, since the bottling operations on my sour on hold for the day (broken bottling bucket valve), I am having a Skull Splitter for the first time. Doesn't say on the bottle, but it tastes like an old ale. I like it.

_DSC3519.jpg

I'm brewing that tomorrow. Any last minute advice? Looks great every time I see it here.

I just followed the recipe as closely as possible doing BIAB and it turned out great. Read through the thread and go for it! I wish there was something profound I could say or some secret to this recipe, but it's all there! Let us know how it goes! Oh, looking back at my notes, this did seem to want a higher fermentation temp than my room temp (around 72-74F). Since I don't have a temperature controlled fermentation set-up, I did primary fermentation on a heating pad set to the lowest setting and I wrapped it in a space blanket. If you want to read through my journal/blog, it's at :

http://mmmbrews.wordpress.com/ and search "hibiscus". There's posts from brew day to bottling and beyond...no guarantees that you won't fall asleep!

Latest posts

Back