What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moerlein Helltown Rye-ot and OTR Ale at the Midpoint Music Festival (which is conveniently across from the brewery). Waiting on the Raveonettes to go on.

Onto hb pale ale after splitting this with a neighbor, it was good.

20140927_172905.jpg

I just stumbled across something in my brewing notes that reminded me that I did a small batch...11 bottles...of a "Cherry Belle Saison" with an extra gallon that I had when I brewed my Citra Belle Saison. The cherry saison has Citra hops at during the boil, but no dry hopping. It was racked onto fresh cherries that were frozen and then vodka soaked. Completely forgot about these! They were bottled on 8/12 and I'm probably going to let them age until Thanksgiving, but I'm going to open one tonight...as soon as I play taxi driver and get back home!

After judging and driving back down to DC, had a full liter of Warsteiner followed by a little bit of someone's Märzen (not sure who's, someone handed it to me) at my club's Oktoberfest party at a German cafe on Capitol Hill. Damned good Jägerschnitzel, too.

Sam Adams Oktoberfest. Interested to see what they have at the party I'm going to. Its an engagement party and the groom is an avid homebrewer.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411869243.186375.jpg

This is such an awesome beer. I love their Monster Beer Tour. Those are Terrapin's best beers.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Gravity sample of my Old Ale. Just over 7% ABV and 1.022 after primary fermentation, but will probably go a little lower after sitting for a while with Brett in secondary.

Been working on a growler of southern tier unearthly today (pic from earlier). Led to an early nap. Now watching an old Saturday night live you with Richard Pryor talking about acid with another beer.

1411870663683.jpg

what has 2 thumbs and just woke up from an awesome nap?

That's not you!

Orlando Brewing I-4 IPA ... along with some amazing pepper bacon hash. I thing the beer got an extra half cap on Untappd courtesy of the hash. :D
View attachment 226335

Oh yeah - and fat.

Hash? Are you at Colorado Disney?

Gravity sample of my Old Ale. Just over 7% ABV and 1.022 after primary fermentation, but will probably go a little lower after sitting for a while with Brett in secondary.

WLP 645?

Here's the Cherry Belle Saison...interesting, Not sweet, but I get the cherry and I get the saison character. The aroma is barely sweet; the pour gives a nice,almost white heat that settle to a ring around the glass and a thin veil on the surface. The color is definitely cherry red. The body is pretty light. I think I got the carb right on this one. There is just a touch of hops bitterness coming through. Nice alcohol warmth building. I calculated 5.64% ABV, so, potent, but not crazy. I'm happy with it.

DSC05807.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411871337.349454.jpg

Bottled 09/06/13. Bought this a couple weeks ago. There was dust all over the four pack. I guess people didn't realize what they had. I'm probably gonna go buy the rest of it.

Here's the Cherry Belle Saison...interesting, Not sweet, but I get the cherry and I get the saison character. The aroma is barely sweet; the pour gives a nice,almost white heat that settle to a ring around the glass and a thin veil on the surface. The color is definitely cherry red. The body is pretty light. I think I got the carb right on this one. There is just a touch of hops bitterness coming through. Nice alcohol warmth building. I calculated 5.64% ABV, so, potent, but not crazy. I'm happy with it.

I really like the color of that brew. Would you mind sharing the recipe?

Hash? Are you at Colorado Disney?

that sounds awesome!

View attachment 226366

Bottled 09/06/13. Bought this a couple weeks ago. There was dust all over the four pack. I guess people didn't realize what they had. I'm probably gonna go buy the rest of it.

Nice. Buy it up!

Finished the growler of unearthly. Bedtime soon.

Nice. Buy it up!

Finished the growler of unearthly. Bedtime soon.[/QUOTE]

Oh I will be heading back to get a bunch more.

Great stuff. Brewed for a local bottle shop a year or so ago. Bourbony bretty goodness.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411873321.321284.jpg

Root beer.

Brew day went well, but I totally couldn't get the hose loose from the wort chiller. I ended up cutting the hose off after about 20 minutes of dicking with it. I'm feeling very frustrated about that.

Nice.. I racked a saison that was down to 1.006 to 2.5lbs frozen strawberry halves bought earlier today at a local farmer's market..

Smelled really good when filling up and changed color right away.

How long did you keep the beer on the cherries?

20140927_181827.jpg

DFH PUnkin ale. For first time. Not bad. Above average for abv. A bit disappointed, stronger in the spice flavor than I like. Funckin beer, yo. Drink and piss, etc.. A CENTRAL WATERS SATIN SOLITUDE. is doing me kindly, moreso in volume. not in the ass. mind you. yet.. think what you will...., last, you be wrong in that department. Possibly in the morning, hence. ? fret, and fukc. Might be in a situation. Moreso. Shakeshpere. Tell them. Not of. Speaketh.. Henchforth, marchfukface forward.Wtf? Apparantly? Eggzatctly! Pissposture. O dear lord.

Back