The Tired Hands Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
I'm visiting family in PA and was thinking about going to the release tomorrow. Never been to Tired Hands before so I'm not sure how early people will be lining up for this beer. 1 hr, 2 hrs early?

I'm visiting family in PA and was thinking about going to the release tomorrow. Never been to Tired Hands before so I'm not sure how early people will be lining up for this beer. 1 hr, 2 hrs early?

I'd say be there by 10

Joint was crazy busy today. Drank a pour of Mago in about 30 seconds and was on my way. Thought about trying to tackle the growler line after getting my allotment and decided against after it didnt move a foot in the 10 minutes that I had waited. Thanks to Beeradelphia and kbhess for the brews today.

been to TH a few times prior but yesterday was my first bottle release. got in line right at 10 and ended up being about 10-15 people before the sellout point. didn't even bother with the growler fill line - that may have moved even slower than the bottle sale line!
at least was able to get upstairs and enjoy pours of MagoTago and TruthBombs after the downstairs kegs kicked.

saw OsLovesBeer briefly when I walked up to the line but couldn't hang as I needed to make sure I had a spot in line. thanks again to Friend_of_the_Gueuze for the pours upstairs and trade!

I cannot wait for the new facility to open and the ability to get bottles again.
Do you think its going to get better? If yesterday was any indication looks like long lines will be the status quo at Tired Hands in the coming months.

Do you think its going to get better? If yesterday was any indication looks like long lines will be the status quo at Tired Hands in the coming months.
If anything, it makes me so much happier for joining the Believers Club. I don't have to stress about those kinds of turnouts unless I want to double up on allocations (e.g. Para3/4)

No I think lines will just get worse but I joined the new Believer's Club so I didn't have to worry about them. I got spoiled being in the first one and not having to wait on line. Plus, I have a 1 and a half year old and just can't spend the time needed anymore.

from FB:

Alright folks, here's the deal... You absolutely crushed us over the past two weeks. We have less beer available for service than we have ever experienced (four out of six serving tanks contain less than one barrel's worth of beer). We have had to open with only seven beers on tap (as opposed to our normal eight beers) for the past two days. While we are forever grateful for your love and interest in what we do, we are going to have to modify our beer service this week. What does this mean, you ask?

Well... In short, we will not be filling growlers this week, but we WILL be open for normal hours this week (Tues-Fri: 4-Close & Sat-Sun: 12-Close).

This week will see a slow and steady repopulation of our taps (new Double IPA, fresh batch of HopHands, a Gose, a Super Saison, a De La Senne collaboration, and maybe a few barrel blends), and we may open up a few beers for growler fills as our inventory will allow. Please stay tuned for updates. Also, don't forget that we are hard at work building our new brewery up the road which will more than double our capacity for dining and quadruple our capacity for beer production.

Again, many thanks for your continued enthusiasm in our craft... We truly appreciate it and look forward to seeing you very soon.

Well so much for my planned trip there on Friday. Now to decide where to go instead I guess.

If anything, it makes me so much happier for joining the Believers Club. I don't have to stress about those kinds of turnouts unless I want to double up on allocations (e.g. Para3/4)

I got **** for using my club as advertised. And this guy wants to double up on allocations? Oh FFS

I got **** for using my club as advertised. And this guy wants to double up on allocations? Oh FFS
I don't believe that there was a stipulation anywhere saying that people who signed up weren't allowed to stand in line at releases for a couple hours to secure additional bottles.

That being said - if there is, I won't... it's only beer. If there isn't, well then you go on stirring the pot unnecessarily.

I don't believe that there was a stipulation anywhere saying that people who signed up weren't allowed to stand in line at releases for a couple hours to secure additional bottles.

That being said - if there is, I won't... it's only beer. If there isn't, well then you go on stirring the pot unnecessarily.
I've been told by staff that it is/will be frowned upon. I'll probably just trade locally for more instead of stand in line once believers 2.0 goes into effect.

If anyone would like to trade me a bottle from Sunday's release just holla at yo boy.

Or send me a PM. Whatever's easier. I have lots of trading options.

Got to try some HandFarm slated for release tomorrow while at the brewpub today. About as good as anything they've put in a bottle thus far. Seems like this gets a touch more refined with each release. Very good stuff indeed.

Also...I'm trying to put together a monster box for a steady trading partner out in Oregon, so I'm tryin to fill in some blanks from past TH releases I've missed. If anyone has bottles of the persimmon Emptiness, Praise Bee, FatherBeast, Guillemot Prunus, Cassie, or earlier releases of HandfFarm....I have a good bit of the last few releases to trade including the peach, plum, and dandelion/sorrel varieties of Emptiness. Can do an IP at TH or ship. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks folks.

LOL @ 25 people in line at 7:30. LMFAO @ I'm one of them. Wurst.

EDIT: "Wurst" just autocorrected to "WuTang". I don't post nearly often enough from my phone.

how is it i never run into you when we're both there at the same time? i am confuse

EDIT: that means you were pretty close to hayden, no?

I'm going to be in Trevose for work for a majority of February, if anyone wants to meet up at Tired Hands on a weeknight, shoot me a PM. Can bring bottles and immature humor.

what time are people going to line up on sunday?
Front of the line around 5 A.M. Things generally pick up in earnest around 7:30-8. As far as the point of being shut out is concerned, I've seen the last few releases permit people to go through the line again, and those releases have served a similar number of people given the bottle count and bottle limits.

Won't be shocked to see 200 by 9:45
Me neither

Back