The Tired Hands Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. But if you accept proxies then it's no real surprise. Opening it up to the whole country makes things go fast.

If you go to Tired hands enough, it's honestly a good deal. Sure, you have to put out $1k immediately, but you get 20% off everything and you get the gift card with that money on it.

I was hoping for a 250$ level. 500$ ones seemed to sell out in 20 minutes or so. I'm not sure what kind of person has 1,000 or 2,000$ just hanging out in their bank ready to spend on beer but I'd like to be friends with them. I think I have 7$ till pay day haha

Well, it's $1000 to spend on beer for multiple years.
Exactly. The only actual "cost" of these memberships is whatever interest or return on investment you would have gotten on your money over the next 3-5 years (that's how long the gift cards are good for unless you spend thru them sooner) by keeping it in some sort of income producing account or using it for some other investment vs. paying it to Tired Hands now.

It'd be a different story if the gift card was for less than the membership cost (ie: $800 gift card for a $1,000 membership), but the gift card and membership are $4$. Plus, if you take the $1,000 one for example, you're getting $1,250 worth of beer for $1,000, which for most is going to already negate any lost opportunity cost vs. keeping your $1,000. You're also getting a t-shirt, glassware, etc for free and you're saving X number of hours of your time over the next 1-3 years by not having to line up outside the brewery at 8 AM on a Sunday.

Now if I lived in CA or something and never go to Tired Hands to use the discount, then there's no ****ing way I'd do any of these. If you're local though, and go to TH at least semi regularly, then this is a no brainier (unless you need the money now for something else obviously)

tl;dr: If you have the cash, it's worth it.

Last edited:
TH is NOT promoting Social Responsibility.
Nothing to do with beer.
How many young beer geeks have that kind of scratch lying around (before buying any beer)?
Craft beer and brewery memberships are killing this economy.
e6bq9.jpg

TH is NOT promoting Social Responsibility.
Nothing to do with beer.
How many young beer geeks have that kind of scratch lying around (before buying any beer)?
Craft beer and brewery memberships are killing this economy.
e6bq9.jpg
Whatever bro. I don't need to pay the heating bill. I'll have strange and beautiful beer to keep me warm.

The thing is, this membership isn't stopping those young beer geeks from getting any beer other than a single bottle per year. They can still line up and waste hours of their time during releases.
As a wise man once told me, time or money.

It would have been nice of Jean to open this to the previous believers club members first as he had hinted to many members before. One was told there would be absolutely no problem getting in again for this round.
Well. 0 spots left in the $500 tier already by the time I saw this.
Dude really needs to stop being a dick to those that were there for him even before openining, throwing him interest free loans in the face of mass uncertainty.

Don't get me wrong. I don't even have $500 to do this. $250? Yeah. But the gesture would have been nice.

/soapbox

Is it just me, or is Jean's "art" getting worse with age? And by getting worse, me thinks it went from Kindergarten level finger painting to pre-pre-school potty art.

Damn if that Believer's logo isn't absolutely atrocious. And you can get your very own screen print if you believe!

Last edited:
Yeah it probably should have been offered to previous members for a couple days as a pre sale or something. Instead what most likely happened is people in texas and where the **** else bought a bunch of it up. I was really hoping on getting a membership since Im in Pittsburgh but the chances of me getting to bottle releases are slim since I work a lot of sundays and have to make my work schedule a month in advance. I maybe could've done the 500 with some advance warning but no chance at the 1000.

Thoreau Like A Girl I'm not about to get involved in your crusade on Facebook, but I will say I used my original Believer's Club months ago and from the beginning knew I'd use it up eventually. So saying everyone that originally signed up was going to always keep money on the card was wrong.

Thoreau Like A Girl I'm not about to get involved in your crusade on Facebook, but I will say I used my original Believer's Club months ago and from the beginning knew I'd use it up eventually. So saying everyone that originally signed up was going to always keep money on the card was wrong.

Sorry. Most people =\
There are a couple other people I'm in communication with that I am also sorta speaking for that are fed up with how this went down.
Jean never would have even been able to open the brewpub without the cash from the club sign ups. No matter how much he likes to claim otherwise.

Sorry. Most people =\
There are a couple other people I'm in communication with that I am also sorta speaking for that are fed up with how this went down.
Jean never would have even been able to open the brewpub without the cash from the club sign ups. No matter how much he likes to claim otherwise.
Yeah, fair enough. Just wanted to point out the use of all.

edit: It's funny though as it's my comment on the original page that points out this issue so it certainly looks like I was planning to do that. It just took me a long time to use it all since you couldn't use it on food and trying to split beers and growlers off a bill wasn't worth it.

Also, it was pretty shitty to not offer this to the original group of believer's before putting it to the public. Not really sure why he did that although I could probably make guesses.

I'm not so much pissed off that we weren't offered early entry, it was everything else that let up to it. That was just icing on the cake.
Ever since he started pressuring people to use up their balances as it was never his intention for people to hold onto their balances (basically an interest free loan that he gets to hold onto so it's actually beneficial for him for us to do that). And when a couple of us emailed him back to discuss it he ignored us.
Basically, he's turning his back on the people that got him to where he is now. Or at least played an integral part of it.
Anyone that knows me knows that I wasa walking talking advertisement for that place even before they opened.
Holding some bottles aside for a handful of people should not be a big deal for the faith we put into him and his business. Let alone the money and addit business a lot of us brought him.
But oh well. Karma is a *****. That Iron Hill will open soon and put a nice dent in his sales.

oh yeah I guess since I finished my card like 6 months ago I wasn't involved in any of that. Plus I haven't been able to get there for a long while anyway since I can't wait in line for bottles and Pax is too much of a handful for there right now.

edit: I don't really see Iron Hill putting a big dent in his sales just because of how different they are but who knows.

Iron Hill is going to kill them in food and families dept. Why take your wife and kids to TH where they'll have to listen to death metal and eat artisanal paninis and small plate meals with iron hill a street over. That place is super family friendly

Of course TH isn't terribly family friendly anyway so who knows. Definitely a fair point though.

Iron Hill is going to kill them in food and families dept. Why take your wife and kids to TH where they'll have to listen to death metal and eat artisanal paninis and small plate meals with iron hill a street over. That place is super family friendly
Because not all drinkers have families, and the ones that do go out sans family sometimes?

In relevant, non-complainy news, FandHarm was pretty tasty. Anyone else make it up for a pour yet?

So wait, people are upset because they can't keep a gift card balance of $0.73 indefinitely in exchange for bottle reservations. How much interest could Jean accrue on that interest-free loan yearly?

So wait, people are upset because they can't keep a gift card balance of $0.73 indefinitely in exchange for bottle reservations. How much interest could Jean accrue on that interest-free loan yearly?

Oh my god. Anyone that didn't notice the sarcasm in that 73 cent comment I made is retarded. Plain and simple. I wasn't using my card and had no plans to use my card with 73 cents. You guys are insufferable.

Only jean and people that actually know me know where that gasoline fueled rant on their fb came from and why. Not from some dumb onlookers that think they know the story from a sarcastic and bitter fb post that was years in the making.

Last edited:
Only jean and people that actually know me know where that gasoline fueled rant on their fb came from and why. Not from some dumb onlookers that think they know the story from a sarcastic and bitter fb post that was years in the making.

If only Jean and select others know why you are upset and you are unwilling to elaborate specifically, why post about it on the internet?

In case anyone missed it, TH sent out a blast email that the believers club packages can be picked up at the new facility this Saturday between 11:00 and 1:00. Tekus delayed till January, but they're giving you a free 10oz taster glass in the meantime.

Back