The Tired Hands Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has been my favorite bottled beer TH has released, but I just can't justify the wait-time. Can't wait for Believers' Club to start.
Upon its release, I would agree fully. b1 is starting to fall back in my ratings after doing the whole b1 lineup the other night. Sorrel and Dandelion is by far the best of the b1 bunch at the current time.

Upon its release, I would agree fully. b1 is starting to fall back in my ratings after doing the whole b1 lineup the other night. Sorrel and Dandelion is by far the best of the b1 bunch at the current time.
I never tried the Sorrel and Dandelion variant, but I've heard good things. It doesn't surprise me that B1 is starting to fall. The fresh grape taste was what really made it stand out for me.

I'm bringing several Upland's and a Rare Barrel bottle if anyone's interested in a little IP trading. Trying to thin the herd of sours a little bit. If anyone's interested, drop me a message and perhaps we can throw somethin' together.

on the other hand, they gained esteemed dogfish head brewpub brewer ben potts...

I just thought it was pretty odd that nobody was talking about it on any of the sites, especially when they are getting ready to open a second location. I have no doubt they will still make great beers tho.

I just thought it was pretty odd that nobody was talking about it on any of the sites, especially when they are getting ready to open a second location. I have no doubt they will still make great beers tho.
Any news on where Jon's going? I have to assume he'd be moving on with his career elsewhere.

I'm going to bring a couple bottles of F&M's Palomino with me in case there was anyone that missed today's release that wants to try a bottle. Trying to pick up an extra bottle or two of Emptiness to hook up some cool west coast kats. Shoot me a message if you're interested. Probably have some De Garde with me to trade too. Cheers.

I got plenty of grape emptiness from today's release if anybody wants to swap for another emptiness.

Has anyone tried the Milkshake IPA? The multiple references to pectin in the description make it sound kind of gross, but I'm intrigued.

Anyone go to the release today? Might go tomorrow just curious if I have to show up hours early or just a little early.

I'll be at TH on thursday evening, hopefully they have bottles left but not counting on it. Ill bring some sante goodies to share. Open to IP trades, but we'd have to finalize by the morning, flight is tomorrow.

I imagine you're going to have to get there progressively earlier each day to get a bottle.

With them releasing 36 bottles a day I doubt they last long at all.

So pretty early then.

it would appear so. i just don't know what time people started showing and at what time the line reached 36. i would presume that subsequent people showed up and left because the people:bottle ratio was already 1.

I just do not understand how 36 people have this much free and unencumbered time
College kids, non office workers, work from homers, self employed, unemployed. I manage a liquor store and my days off are wednesday sunday(kind of on purpose) so I'm available to go to releases on those days. I don't go to all of them and more recently I've gotten increasingly selective but some people have, and I have to give credit to my friend Ivan, FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) Syndrome and would rather stand in a beer line over anything else in the world. For some people this is their life. Without this they would just have a fanatical obsession for some other thing and act the exact same way towards that. It's just who they are. I've been to maybe 10 beer releases requiring a wait in line in the past year. And I have seen the same 5 people at all of them and know they have gone to pretty much every other release in that time. Several of the releases I only went to because I lived close(under an hour) and if I was even 10 minutes farther away I wouldn't even consider going but I know these 5 people drove over 3 hours. It gets them out of the house.

Thanks guys. Why 36 bottles per day?
Because they're open 6 days and 216/6 is 36. He's done weekday releases on other very small batches. Nothing crazy here. Hill farmstead has done this for a while now. They just didn't advertise what their daily limits were.

Back