The Tired Hands Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The day after Zwanze? Well, I guess this is another bottle I'll miss. Gotta pick and choose the battles. I can already imagine the shitstorm that would occur in my house if I told my GF I was going to a TH release the morning after hanging out at Monk's all day.

I miss my Believer's Club benefits. Looking forward to the new brewery opening and Jean having more room for barrels and such.

I See A Darkness bottles on the shelf tonight! $14 2 per. 200 bottles.
10428140_766843606706777_5268753398306512278_n.jpg

If anyone sees this and is able to part with one of their 2.. well, you know.

Got a few friends in line now, over 40 people waiting in line so far. Secured a bottle though!

I See A Darkness bottles on the shelf tonight! $14 2 per. 200 bottles.
10428140_766843606706777_5268753398306512278_n.jpg

If anyone sees this and is able to part with one of their 2.. well, you know.

i love how they said 'two per person, per day' as if it's gonna last past this evening

Got a few friends in line now, over 40 people waiting in line so far. Secured a bottle though!
If previous experience has taught us anything, it's that this beer will not be very good. I will put their hoppy and funky stuff up there with just about anyone, but they've yet to brew a dark beer I was remotely impressed by.

If previous experience has taught us anything, it's that this beer will not be very good. I will put their hoppy and funky stuff up there with just about anyone, but they've yet to brew a dark beer I was remotely impressed by.
I wont disagree with you but I was mainly interested in getting as many unique bottles as I could for an upcoming TH-only tasting.

I wont disagree with you but I was mainly interested in getting as many unique bottles as I could for an upcoming TH-only tasting.
Not judging at all. It's just amazing to me how people will line up for anything with a low bottle count (Artisinale is a great example of that).

Not judging at all. It's just amazing to me how people will line up for anything with a low bottle count (Artisinale is a great example of that).

i purposefully missed that release. but the wife having a 102 degree temp that day sealed it. (i was never going to begin with). i have had a couple dark beers that i've enjoyed at TH. one of the only dark beers they've made more than once, everything was beautiful and nothing hurt, was one in particular i enjoyed. wasn't a fan of westy 13. but i didn't have it out of the bottle, only on tap. they just don't really brew that many dark beers. small sample size..? haha

Have they mentioned that this was a SARA collaboration? SARA had it on tap awhile ago and I didn't get to try it but I heard good things.

Actually, it's a collab with SARA and Will Oldham, aka Bonne "Prince" Billy, one of my favorite musicians.

Have they mentioned that this was a SARA collaboration? SARA had it on tap awhile ago and I didn't get to try it but I heard good things.

Actually, it's a collab with SARA and Will Oldham, aka Bonne "Prince" Billy, one of my favorite musicians.
The base beer was an okay porter, SARA collab or not. I can't see how saison yeast would make it better.

The bottle release today (my first at Tired Hands) was really chill. I got there at 10:10 and there was less than 80 people in line. At noon, there was only 4 more people in line than when I arrived. Almost everyone could have gone through to get a second allocation if they wanted, and many did.

And for what its worth, I had more fun today at Tired Hands than I did at Zwanze Day.

Oh boy. Buy a $400 piece of art made by Jean and you get an exclusive beer. How exciting!

All Hallows Eve dinner announced. $15 more than last year. People are probably already lining up. http://www.tiredhands.com/blog

ha. yep.

i went the first year because i could just email and reserve my spot, pay for it later... then last year it was on site only and of course i couldn't make it there in time before they sold out. probably not gonna even try this year. $150 date night is pricey, but not unreasonable. don't think i can justify two bills.

http://www.tiredhands.com/2011/12/tired-hands-believers-club.html

edit: For the more snarky version of this, click this link instead: http://bit.ly/1wmd6WR
edit2: Also, I've heard the new version will be more traditional. Percentage off everything you buy and a set amount of bottles per year.
edit3: Also funny that it's mostly just me asking questions on that page.

Thanks. I heard of it but wasn't exactly sure of the details. I even looked on their page and apparently I can't read very well. If only someone started a Center for people who can't read well and want to learn how to do other stuff good too.

Thanks. I heard of it but wasn't exactly sure of the details. I even looked on their page and apparently I can't read very well. If only someone started a Center for people who can't read well and want to learn how to do other stuff good too.
It helps that I knew there was a blog post out there so that's why I just went to google.

WoodLaHands this Sunday.
$16 4/ 600 bottles.
Been wanting this one for a while. Didnt try it on tap.

I want to try it... don't usually care for sour browns but definitely curious

I got to try a bottle of Woodlahands earlier this month and it was sensational. One of the best beers I have ever had. I wish I could make it to the release, this is one bottle I'd want more of.

Pretty similar as before but limiting the bottle release bonus to only 1 year.

edit: And unfortunately no $250 level.

Back