Stout faucet not working

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ale402

Reaction score
Hey all! I just installed my brand new stout faucet from my local homebrew supply store. I mainly bought this so I could dispense cold brew nitro coffee. this is my first time working with a stout faucet ever so maybe you guys can help me with this. I installed the lines, attached the gas to my sanitized keg with sanitizer in it to run through the lines using CO2 and it worked fine having absolutely no issues. Once that was all set and done I attached my nitro gas to my keg filled with coffee and then the sanitized liquid line. Turned the nitro on and it seemed to push the sanitized liquid out of the line through the faucet but once the coffee started running through the line it just stopped. I checked the tube going into The top of the keg down to the bottom of it and it was not clogged whatsoever. I understand that sometimes there is sediment at the bottom of coffee. I then unplugged the Liquid line and put it back into a keg filled sanitizer using CO2 and I tried to see if it was the Liquid line that was the issue and it seems it is so. Could it be possible that the faucet is clogged from some of the sediment and the coffee? Keep in mind I have both tanks at a high pressure just to see if it was a pressure issue and I don’t believe it is. Hopefully you guys can help me out with this thank you

Yes check your faucet. Stout faucets have a defuser plate with super fine holes in it. I'll bet you'll find it clogged and no amount of pressure will push it through.

Yes check your faucet. Stout faucets have a defuser plate with super fine holes in it. I'll bet you'll find it clogged and no amount of pressure will push it through.
That’s exactly what happened! Thank you. Now all I have to do is figure out how to make it to Cascade. Do you recommend a serving pressure? Also how long do you let the Nitro condition with the coffee before serving?

Back