Solenoid Valve Wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessee

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m looking at adding several solenoid valves to my existing cbpi setup through a relay board. Another user of cbpi recommended a 5-wire valve, which from what I understand provides wiring for indicator lights. What if I bypassed the indicators could I use a 2 or 3 wire setup? I know members here use solenoid valves, want to get your advice and expertise please.

Thanks,
Jessee

Are you talking about solenoids or electronic ball valves? I have only ever seen 2 wire solenoid valves, but there are several different wiring implementations for electronic ball valves (CR-02, CR-04, etc.)

With the motorized valve you provided, would this wiring diagram be reference to go by?

Attachments

• A29417EC-BBEC-4E8A-8699-0F02E9B05320.jpeg
    A29417EC-BBEC-4E8A-8699-0F02E9B05320.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 148
With the motorized valve you provided, would this wiring diagram be reference to go by?
These are the 2 most common wiring schemes cr02 and cr03. I couldn't tell which one it was.
HTB1Dc7.FFXXXXc2XFXXq6xXFXXXt.jpeg
20142131656557631320.jpeg

Refering back to my diagram: the wiring to relay has one wire to nc and another to no...is that necessary with a 3-wire? Second, I have a 12V 5A DC power supply for my raspberri pi. What power supply would I need for the valves, I think I'm gonna buy 4-5.

That's plenty of power, and your relay will work with either.

Thanks for the help. I'll try to post a quick little diagram before I put it together.

Back