So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double brew day tomorrow. Closing out my 5 years on my PM system. I have all the equipment in house to go all-grain (just need to put it all together and dial it in).

Plan to brew an IPA (Pils/Munich malt with Summit and Galaxy) and an American Wheat.

Wife's going out of town for the weekend, so it's time to live it up. For the sake of this thread, that means that I get to brew beer for the second weekend in a row! Planning on working on my osmanthus/sichuan pepper saison recipe.

Brewing a True Brew Extract Pale Ale this weekend..... Will only be my second batch.... But I'm not sure if hopped light lme and one ounce of cascade hops are enough hop flavor.

Any suggestions? Should I visit Mr. Homebrewing Supply Store? Lol

Brewing up a Red IPA. Got a mixture of left over hops that totals 204 grams so I'm going to add all those in the last 15min and do a hopstand. Blend consists of Kohatu, Columbus, Willamette and Wai-Iti

Saturday will be a busy day.

First up v2.0 of my house Pale Ale.

Second a Tangerine Wheat

While I'm in between the mash / boil etc. I'll be smoking 14.5lbs of grain for a smoked porter I'm brewing in a few weeks.

Brewing up Orfy's Mild Mannered Ale on saturday for serving on the 7th of May since it's American Mild Month http://www.mildmonth.com/.
One week in the fermenter, one week in the keg carbing up.
It's one tasty beer that a guy can drink all day and not get too :tank:

I'll probably brew a couple of blondes. Maybe a citra blonde and a mosaic blonde. Simple blondes, mostly base malt with a hint of c120. Something light, airy, and easy drinking for late spring/summer.

Or maybe a big DIPA. 5 gals with over a lb of hops, a la Arctic Panzer Wolf.

Just finished my mash.
I'm about to Vorloft my Foriegn Extra Stout.

Monday I'll be brewing an Irish Red.

Tuesdsy is Barleywine brewing day- gotta have it ready and aged for Christmas 2016.

Doing a hazelnut coffee stout. The beer club is running a test your kettle competition against local breweries so doing a version of Cellar Dwellers Eye opener.

Been working on a basement renovation project for about 9 months now that is finally coming to an end. Carpet is going in right now, base moulding this weekend, kids bday party next weekend, then i'm making a Citra hop bomb the following weekend!

Brewed a Creature Comforts Tropicalia clone yesterday, already chugging along 12hrs later.
Screenshot_2016-04-23-10-47-56.png

Just finished a blue moon clone, a little upset at the og, finished at 1.040 @70 degrees...shoulda been closer to 1.055...I think it was my mash technique. ..mashed at 140 for 30 min, then up'd it to 180 for 30...

Just finished a blue moon clone, a little upset at the og, finished at 1.040 @70 degrees...shoulda been closer to 1.055...I think it was my mash technique. ..mashed at 140 for 30 min, then up'd it to 180 for 30...

That's an extremely unconventional mash schedule. Where'd you get that idea?

Drinking my Blue Moon clone while brewing this. Not sure what to call it. Had some Perle hops that I've never used, trying to learn its characteristics.
5 gallon batch
10lb Maris otter
2lb two row
1lbC-20
1lb honey malt
Mash 152* 60 min
1.5 oz Perle 30 min
1 oz Perle 10 min
Wlp001 @ 65*
OG 1.060
IBU 29.3

Wife was out of town, so I had a brew day with the twins!

6lb white wheat
7lb pale 2-row
1lb caravienna

1oz Citra @60
1oz Citra @10
2oz Citra @5
2oz Citra @0
4oz Citra dry hop for 7 days in secondary

Yeast = us-05

Mmmmmm

Wife was out of town, so I had a brew day with the twins!

6lb white wheat

7lb pale 2-row

1lb caravienna

1oz Citra @60

1oz Citra @10

2oz Citra @5

2oz Citra @0

4oz Citra dry hop for 7 days in secondary

Yeast = us-05

Mmmmmm

Citra and wheat. A great combination

Back