Single hop Galaxy NEIPA help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyPA

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to brew a batch tomorrow and since I have a ton of Galaxy on hand (almost 2 lbs) I figured I'd do an all Galaxy NEIPA. Can you guys provide any recommendations on how much to add for my whirlpool and dry hop? 4 oz whirlpool, 6 oz dry hop?

I am planning on a 30 minute boil with no kettle additions -- this will be all whirlpool/dry hopped.

I also have around 6oz of Mosaic on hand if you think that would help. But I read that Galaxy pretty much overpowers everything so any other hop additions may go to waste.

Malt bill is below:
11 lb 2-row
1 lb white wheat
1 lb rolled oats

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1242895/galaxy-neipa
Thanks!

Last edited:
Sounds good to me! I don’t use Galaxy much by itself. I have had a few I really liked from Other Half.
It's wrapping up with fermentation and going to drop in the dry hops soon for a day or 2 then throw the keg in the fridge (fermenting in keg). I'll let you know how it turns out.

I use a floating dip tube (is that a flotit setup?) with a screened fitting on the end and dry hop commando. Never had an issue.

Back