Rite brew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjgenever

Reaction score
I just received my first shipment from these guys. It included some yeast. I had asked for the freshest they had because I would not be brewing this batch for a while. The yeast they sent me was produced FOUR days before I placed my order. And it was sent with a very high quality ice pack in a thermal bubble wrap envelope that was inside a manila bubble wrap envelope that was inside the priority mail box with the hardware I ordered! Shout out to rite brew for going above and beyond!

I have been ordering from Neil for a while now. I buy in bulk now after buying a mill. 50 lb of 2 row for $36...good deal. He has lowered my cost by at least 30% from the LHBS in Green Bay.

Rite brew is great. I wish they offered free shipping promos once in awhile. I
d buy way too much from them.

Most all of my keezer components, floor corker, tons of kegging stuff and many others. Great place.

I'll second the kudos to Neil. Awesome service, great prices and shipping with speedee saves me a ton on sacks of grain.

old thread revival but my lhbs decided to stop carrying liquid yeast so i turned to these guys. they are about an hour and fifteen minute drive from me so i selected the pickup option in lieu of shipping. they offer a yeast 'pre-order' option to get the freshest yeast and i got mine in just under the wire (ordered monday morning). yeast was ready for pickup friday, headed on over there. these guys are wholesalers so the pickup is basically a small room with everything laid out (individual packages for individual orders). orders for grain, equipment, etc. was sitting out in the open but there was also a little dorm fridge in the room with yeast. there my pouches were, even with my name on a sticker on each pouch. you pickup your order, sign a form and you are on your way. oldest yeast was two weeks, freshest was only four days old (wyeast). and at $6 a pouch, it is $1.50 cheaper per pouch than my lhbs used to carry so the difference basically covered the gas to drive there. great deal for crazy-fresh selection.

They’re still great, I order from them regularly. Since my batches are 2G I love that I can order grains in pounds and ounces, double crushed. Yeast always fresh, everything well packed. Highly recommended. I usually order for 2 batches at a time to save shipping $.

I ordered a wyeast seasonal from them on a Friday and he sent me an email saying he'd wait to ship until Monday so that the yeast wouldn't sit in a shipping facility over the weekend. Nice touch.

He did the same for me. I've ordered from them a number of times and they've always been great to work with. I love their grain ordering system too. Easily my favorite online source for supplies.

You can set email alerts on yeast options that are currently out of stock. Then when you get pinged, order and it’s usually within a week of manufacture date.

For what it's worth I did not have a great customer service experience with Rite Brew. Had a shipment come that was poorly packed and the grain bags had split open so the box was just filled with loose grain. It was all going in the same brew, so not a huge deal, but when I emailed them about it I got no response. Also their shipping charges are a lot for me. I'll definitely give them another shot, but I wasn't impressed at the first go-around.

Back