Quick-Disconnect Interchangeability

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrew57

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I did some searching without much luck. I recently acquired a bunch of equipment that uses stainless quick disconnects. Problem is I need to add some stuff to the system and I am not sure where the PO bought the fittings from. They look like the ones from homebrewstuff or bargain fittings shown below in the top picture. The bottom picture shows the style I do not have that are from morebeer and maybe other places. I only show the male fitting because that seems to be the only way you can tell. Does anybody know who has interchangeable fittings for the top style??? I know bargain fittings has a disclaimer that says they won't but they look the same. Does anyone know for sure?

quickmxmnptss-250x250.jpg

9252.jpg

No one is going to know for sure just by looking at a photograph. The only way to have some idea besides ordering samples is to get a caliper, ask politely for all the suppliers take measurements, and compare.

Well I was originally going to build a system with all camlocks, but now that I have 90% of all the hardware with this system in quick-disconnect form I figured I'd stick with it. Was hoping to find someone that had this same issue but found there were some out there that were interchangeable.

I have several quick disconnects (all male) and they are all slightly different. I think 2 came from Blichmann, they look like the one on the bottom picture.

The only good thing they all have in common is I can slip a 1/2" silicone hose over the males, put a clamp on them, and remove later without marring the hose.

Even Camlocks from different manufacturers can have small but pesky matching problems, like too loose or too tight. At least the silicone washer performs a good seal.

Mcmaster doesnt sell the kind i have in the right size. I was specifically asking about the ones from homebrewstuff and bargainfittings because they look the same. I am just going to take a risk and order from homebrewstuff because thats where the ball valves on the system are from.

Back