priming sugar in brew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester

Reaction score
I was at the LHBS picking up a kit and this time instead of taking the priming sugar, I jsut told them to keep it since I keg all my brews and then bottle with the BeerGun... well they said that some people jsut add the priming sugar to the boil if they are kegging... I tried it today when I brewed, but has anyone else ever done this..?? Thanks...

Jester

I haven't, but with 7 packets of priming sugar around, I just might add it to the summer ale. Doesn't hurt and 4 oz. will add .002 points to the bottom line. Sometimes, I've just added it to the keg and let it carbonate that way.

I added it to my last brew andI'll be doing it from now on... we'll see... and maybe I'll add more to some brews since I have packets laying around everywhere now...

Well we're not talking about a lot of sugar here, but isn't primming sugar just corn sugar? Meaning you add too much and you could get the cider taste right? Again were just talking a pretty small amount here at any rate.

Back