Biofine Clear & Keg Priming with sugar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unicorn_Platypus

Urine I Pee... Eh?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My current general practice is to dose all my kegs with priming sugar to naturally carbonate.

If I were to add the biofine at the same time as the priming sugar would the beer still carbonate? (I could even shake up the keg now and again to ensure things stay in suspension)

My thinking is it would still carbonate since I'm generally letting my kegs prime at 70F degrees. My understanding is that Biofine requires a cold crash to really pull out the yeast.

Thoughts & experience with this?

So...you don't think that adding a material that is designed to bind to "stuff" and drag it to the bottom of the vessel would be contraindicated when attempting to have yeast cells eat dissolved sugar to make CO2?

Cheers! ("Don't Do That" ;))

So...you don't think that adding a material that is designed to bind to "stuff" and drag it to the bottom of the vessel would be contraindicated when attempting to have yeast cells eat dissolved sugar to make CO2?

Cheers! ("Don't Do That" ;))

Yeah that's what I figured! But hey maybe it would still work with a little shaky shaky.

Adding biofine to carbonated beer seems like a pain, but doable I guess if I depressurize

I wanted to report back to this thread because I tried this and it worked! @day_trippr I was feeling like talking the risk was worth it for science!

Beer carbed up with the biofine & priming sugar mixture in 3 days no problem. I did shake the keg a few times a day though and this was at roughly 70 degrees Fahrenheit room temp.

It took about 2 weeks in the keezer for brilliant clarity. I used a very small dose of biofine ~1/3oz
20230930_181759.jpg
20230930_191529.jpg

Latest posts

Back