prepare for more buyouts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ubnserved

Reaction score
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/craft...n-as-americans-drink-less-beer-132101300.html

The thing that really struck me was that with the dominant position of bud that close to 45% of 21 to 27 yr olds had never tried bud. I'm not sure when or where I tried my first bud but it was probably at the bowling alley on base when I was in the army.
With the loss of market share bud is experiencing there are many more brewers to be bought.

The problem is that 20 years ago, people were drinking actual Budweiser. Now they're drinking Bud Light, or the dozens of other offerings from InBev such as Lime-R-it'as and other stuff made by InBev.

Reporters aren't doing a good job of distiinguishing "Budweiser" the actual product (which is in decline) versus "Budweiser" the brand (as in InBev) which still has the lionshare of the market thru Bud Light and other stuff...

personally, if I were a nano or micro or craft of whatever it is called brewer. I would have no problem selling out to AB InBev. I would be completely open about it to my customers, and would also make sure that there were no "non compete" clause in the sale. I would then open up another brewery, making hi quality beer, and let them buy that out also. I think that AB doesn't realize, that there is a certain portion f the public, myself included, that will never drink anything BMC, no matter how good it is.

Why not let them finance my operations, while sticking it to them I. The end? They have been doing it for 70+ years.

Latest posts

Back