Portland, ME Guide

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, just seeing this now (not that I would have been able to go, but still). Thanks for the heads up though. Going to Bier Cellar tomorrow? I'm trying to leave work at 345p to get there at 4 but I assume it'll be pretty ****ing busy...

Prob pass on Bier Cellar but only because I was lucky enough to stumble into the RSVP event and was able to make some nice purchases. It was basically unpublicized so ended up being a very relaxed atmosphere. Who knows, there could be some regular BCBS leftovers tomorrow there, might be worth checking. Good luck at BC, should be a good event. I chatted with the brewer and he was a cool dude who was excited to talk beer and see people excited about the product.

Prob pass on Bier Cellar but only because I was lucky enough to stumble into the RSVP event and was able to make some nice purchases. It was basically unpublicized so ended up being a very relaxed atmosphere. Who knows, there could be some regular BCBS leftovers tomorrow there, might be worth checking. Good luck at BC, should be a good event. I chatted with the brewer and he was a cool dude who was excited to talk beer and see people excited about the product.
You are my favorite person right now. Couple of coffees were just sitting on the shelve, along with '10 Juliet and Lolita!

I'd make a point to stop by MBC for a half or full pour of Dinner once it goes on 7/31. Total babe of a bartender there last time I swung by too.

I've only had it a few times this summer but Foundation's Wanderlust #1 is much better than I initially gave it credit for.

Any interesting bottles at Allagash right now? My wife is out there this week
Last release was Needles a few weeks ago, which I'm 99% certain is sold out. So unfortunately, no for Allagash. If she is in town today, Dinner is being released at MBC. Otherwise, have her try and grab some Bissell Brothers Substance and thank me later.

Any interesting bottles at Allagash right now? My wife is out there this week
They still had Coolship:Cerise bottles at 2 per person on July 19th, but no Neddles.
And I second Brez07 with his The Substance recommendation. They told me they only can it one day a week so you may want to check into when. They're walking distance from Allagash.

They still had Coolship:Cerise bottles at 2 per person on July 19th, but no Neddles.
And I second Brez07 with his The Substance recommendation. They told me they only can it one day a week so you may want to check into when. They're walking distance from Allagash.
Oh yeah, forgot about Cerise. But that would be sold out by now too.

Oh yeah, forgot about Cerise. But that would be sold out by now too.
I thought they would be sold out by that Saturday too, but there they were, chilling on a barrel and still had condensation on the bottle. I'm guessing they were just bringing bottles out of the cooler as they needed them?

Haha, and wouldn't you know it...they just announced they are going to have some Resurgam for sale tomorrow. Unclear if this is a new blend or more of the last release.
Well then, definitely will need to go at lunch and not after work given the circumstances...

Resurgam still kickin around? Gonna be up Weds and was hoping to score a couple.

Resurgam still kickin around? Gonna be up Weds and was hoping to score a couple.
They haven't posted they were out, but I'd be surprised if there was still some left given all the out of towners here this weekend

They haven't posted they were out, but I'd be surprised if there was still some left given all the out of towners here this weekend
That's what I figured. If anyone has an extra or two let me know and I'll bring some bottles up to share/trade

Will be in Portland/Freeport tonight 5ish. Bringing some treehouse growlers and other stuff if anyone else wants to meet up, pm me

According to Allagash retail "Belfius" should be dropping within the next couple weeks, possibly next week. Blend of their Saison and the Coolship base beer, yummmm. Now if they would just throw some Saison into wine barrels with bugs....

According to Allagash retail "Belfius" should be dropping within the next couple weeks, possibly next week. Blend of their Saison and the Coolship base beer, yummmm. Now if they would just throw some Saison into wine barrels with bugs....

I recently saw some people checking into something called "Saison Brett" on Untappd- sounds like it exists?

https://untappd.com/b/allagash-brewing-company-saison-brett/695479

HevvyMetalHippie you checked in, is it real, or is this just Session Brett (sic)?

EDIT: I guess you said "wine barrels" - this sounds just like Saison with brett.

I recently saw some people checking into something called "Saison Brett" on Untappd- sounds like it exists?

HevvyMetalHippie you checked in, is it real, or is this just Session Brett (sic)?

EDIT: I guess you said "wine barrels" - this sounds just like Saison with brett.

It said I had it at the Publick House and I can't imagine they'd make a mistake like that, but maybe it is an error. I remember it being WAY funkier than the regular one. Like bordering unpleasant.

I had reserved a couple of bottles of Bier 2 Cellar to pick up in Portland during my New England trip a few weeks ago. We were supposed to go to Portland one day and there was a huge rain storm and ended up having to change our plans and head straight home to PA. The Bier Cellar said they are still holding them for me if I want them. Anyone who frequents the store interested in helping me out?

Made a stop at Bier Cellar yesterday. Nice store and had a good chat about beer with the dude working there. He said Rising Tide is releasing Calcutta Cutter this week. What's the story on this beer? Worth making a stop for a glass or two?

Made a stop at Bier Cellar yesterday. Nice store and had a good chat about beer with the dude working there. He said Rising Tide is releasing Calcutta Cutter this week. What's the story on this beer? Worth making a stop for a glass or two?

I have enjoyed it a lot in the past. Citra heavy DIPA. Preeeeeeeeeetty good. Rising Tide makes a phenomenal APA (Maine Island Trail Ale, their best beer IMO), a great DIPA (Calcutta), and a terrible IPA (Zephyr). Haven't ever really been able to get my head around that one...

I have enjoyed it a lot in the past. Citra heavy DIPA. Preeeeeeeeeetty good. Rising Tide makes a phenomenal APA (Maine Island Trail Ale, their best beer IMO), a great DIPA (Calcutta), and a terrible IPA (Zephyr). Haven't ever really been able to get my head around that one...
Drank a Zephyr last night and thought it was pretty decent. I just missed Maine Island.

Thanks for the info...will likely seek out Calcutta.

Drank a Zephyr last night and thought it was pretty decent. I just missed Maine Island.

Thanks for the info...will likely seek out Calcutta.

Yeah, I have heard plenty of others who like Zephyr too. I guess there's just something about that beer that doesn't work with my palate.

Session Brett does exist, it has been poured on draft around Portland and a few 375mls have appeared unlabled via brewery employee's. Pretty sure its heavily hopped with Mosaic, heard a few whispers about it being a four pack release in the future but these are just rumors and Allagash does not rush many beers, just think how long it took for the "saison" to actually be released !

So Calcutta Cutter is worth picking up this weekend when I'm up there? Might as well reserve a 4pk @ bier cellar then...

Session Brett does exist, it has been poured on draft around Portland and a few 375mls have appeared unlabled via brewery employee's. Pretty sure its heavily hopped with Mosaic, heard a few whispers about it being a four pack release in the future but these are just rumors and Allagash does not rush many beers, just think how long it took for the "saison" to actually be released !

Yeah, I wasn't talking about Session Brett - that beer's been in a lot of places, not just Portland. This is Saison Brett.

From what the guy at Bier Cellar told me yesterday, it'll go super fast. Rising Tide posted on FB today that they have bottles at their site.
They have it available to reserve on their website now. Figure I stand a better chance of making it to Bier Cellar than another brewery.

Latest posts

Back