2023 FotD Secret "Santa" ("Cupid"?) Beer Swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First timer so not sure about the protocol. Do I let my donee know who I am with a note in my shipment or do I wait for @Thorrak to announce after we ship?
To me, part of the fun is not knowing so I always wait until thorrak announces at the end. That doesn't stop people from guessing though. If the person I sent to gets it right, I'll usually come clean. Otherwise, I like to build the suspense lol.

To me, part of the fun is not knowing so I always wait until thorrak announces at the end. That doesn't stop people from guessing though. If the person I sent to gets it right, I'll usually come clean. Otherwise, I like to build the suspense lol.

This is the way.

Santa (err... Cupid?) stopped by this morning with a bunch of goodies! I'm wearing the T-shirt now! Can't wait to dig in to these later today! Thanks Santa Cupid!

I have a strong hunch on who my Santa is (mostly because I saw the name on the notification on my UPS app when the shipping label was first created. Oops!) but I'll let you guys debate who it might be lol.
PXL_20240125_200458650.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20240125_201209994.PORTRAIT.jpg

I participated in the 12 Beers of Christmas exchange for the first time this year. We did a tasting commentary on a beer each day once beers were received which was very interesting. What do y'all think about doing something like that for the beers we get with this swap? Just what you think of the beers you are drinking from your gifter.

I participated in the 12 Beers of Christmas exchange for the first time this year. We did a tasting commentary on a beer each day once beers were received which was very interesting. What do y'all think about doing something like that for the beers we get with this swap? Just what you think of the beers you are drinking from your gifter.
I'm down! Full disclosure... I have already had a few of my trade beers so my commentary on them may be limited but I'm happy to give my thoughts on what I can!

I used to use Plated boxes, back when that was a thing. Insulated, well padded, sturdy, and already paid for. Love it. :)

To whoever my Santa is, if you take a look at the tracking and see weird things, that's my fault. We've been having a rash of package thefts at our building (frustrating note: we know who it is, it was caught on camera) and are having to go out of town last-minute.

My box got here the other day but been too busy putting a new floor that I couldn't get a pic of everything when I unpacked. Great box o goodies! (Including a few barb fittings and hex nuts for a draft line)

I have a very strong suspicion of who my secret Sant-pid is and can wait to get a taste for some of these selections!!!

My box got here the other day but been too busy putting a new floor that I couldn't get a pic of everything when I unpacked. Great box o goodies! (Including a few barb fittings and hex nuts for a draft line)

I have a very strong suspicion of who my secret Sant-pid is and can wait to get a taste for some of these selections!!!
I wonder? I bet the fittings were there to make noise and not seem like a beer shipment.

I wonder? I bet the fittings were there to make noise and not seem like a beer shipment.
That sound like a fairly reasonable guess. Btw, here is the pic of the box I got last week:
20240131_162058.jpg

Think I am going going to crack open the barleywine now to match up to my own current condition.

As previously stated, here it the pic of the barleywine from Stiff Back brewing. The color is lighter than pictured, and I have to say that I like this very much!
For 10.5% it is not hot at all and the bourbon barrel aging come through nicely without being over powering. Should get better as it warms up a bit more.
Very nice!

Attachments

• 20240205_221951.jpg
    20240205_221951.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
That sound like a fairly reasonable guess. Btw, here is the pic of the box I got last week:
View attachment 840984
Think I am going going to crack open the barleywine now to match up to my own current condition.
That's a killer box. All that stuff is local for me, but I wasn't the Secret Santa! Going to be interesting to see who it is!

That's a killer box. All that stuff is local for me, but I wasn't the Secret Santa! Going to be interesting to see who it is!
Well I was given either the biggest clue possible or the greatest mis-direction ever in the form of the glassware.;)

If it is a misdirection, I can't wait to give props to sender for throwing such a huge curve right passed me. :mug:

The shipping box was great as well and might be traveling yet again as I type...

Well I was given either the biggest clue possible or the greatest mis-direction ever in the form of the glassware.;)

If it is a misdirection, I can't wait to give props to sender for throwing such a huge curve right passed me. :mug:

The shipping box was great as well and might be traveling yet again as I type...
I promise it wasn't me, but I'd be stoked with that box!

As previously stated, here it the pic of the barleywine from Stiff Back brewing. The color is lighter than pictured, and I have to say that I like this very much!
For 10.5% it is not hot at all and the bourbon barrel aging come through nicely without being over powering. Should get better as it warms up a bit more.
Very nice!
Cheers thanks! I poured that at Homebrew Con in Pittsburgh a year and a half ago… and got some nice feedback there too. Glad you enjoyed!

Back