Newbie here...Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bprisk

Reaction score
I have my first Brew fermenting in my Primary, it will be 3 weeks this Wednesday and I was wondering if anyone on here has brewed the Brewer's Best American Pale Ale Kit, if so how lond did you let it ferment before bottling.
I was planning on letting it go for 3 weeks (this Wednesday) test it and bottle it this weekend if it's ready, but if you have used this kit and had better results letting it go longer or shorter, I am just curious what anyone who has used this kit thinks!

Cheers! :tank:
Brian

I have made that kit and it was pretty much done clearing at the 3-4 week point and ready to bottle.

It seems that the it's done there are no more bubbles in the airlock so according to the instruction I could bottle after the 2nd week but I wanted it to go longer as other's have said on this forum!!!! Anxious to start on my second batch but I have to wait until I get some more bottles, I need about another case and a half to have enough for a second batch, so I may just break down and buy a case! :D

You will be happy you went a little extra time opposed to the 2 weeks the kit states.

DWavs said:
You will be happy you went a little extra time opposed to the 2 weeks the kit states.

I respectfully disagree. 2 weeks for a pale is more than enough time (was probably done fermenting after 5-7 days); let it condition in bottles 3 weeks while you ferment your next batch.

***brewing 10 years and very rarely (only if I'm out of town) ferment beers beyond 2 weeks before packaging... and I win awards, so it can't be that bad ;)

BigSpot is right. Of course, that assumes a bunch of things such as pitch rate, aeration, fermentation temperature, etc. are close to optimal. Many people don't get things optimal on their first batches, and it never hurts to wait a little longer. That is why "wait longer" is a common bit of advice given to people getting started. You'll find ways to streamline your process as you get the hang of it.

Latest posts

Back