New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belgian Golden Ale

golden.jpg

HB NEIPA: 7.7%, went with a new hot side combo. Instead of a solid Columbus/cascade mix, I went with Waimea (all late boil additions) and cascade/cascade lupomax in WP. Hydro sample came out nice and tropical with a lil resinous feel from the Waimea which I wanted. dry hopped for a tropical leaning pineapple vibe with el dorado, vic secret, and Citra LUPOMAX. Not quite fully matured yet but I dig it. Nice tropical with some nice true hop with resin vibe and pineapple on the back of the swallow. Kind of surprised the Waimea carried all the way through. Pretty happy with this one.

E452938D-6CAB-41BD-80AB-F4E39B8BBBE5.jpeg
D0257FC2-DD18-4802-859A-69FD5BA5527B.jpeg

HB NEIPA: 7.7%, went with a new hot side combo. Instead of a solid Columbus/cascade mix, I went with Waimea (all late boil additions) and cascade/cascade lupomax in WP. Hydro sample came out nice and tropical with a lil resinous feel from the Waimea which I wanted. dry hopped for a tropical leaning pineapple vibe with el dorado, vic secret, and Citra LUPOMAX. Not quite fully matured yet but I dig it. Nice tropical with some nice true hop with resin vibe and pineapple on the back of the swallow. Kind of surprised the Waimea carried all the way through. Pretty happy with this one.

View attachment 781154View attachment 781155
Sexy.

May I ask your grain bill?

Sexy.

May I ask your grain bill?
Well considering you called me sexy, I guess I need to put out right? err, perhaps you were calling the beer sexy lol. Anyways, here it is:

62.5% (12.5lbs) 2 row - rahr
20% (4lbs) Spelt - best maltz
10% (2lbs) malted oats - thomas fawcett
7.5% (1.5lbs) carafoam - weyermann

My OG was 1.075 and FG was 1.016. Ive been targeting 1.015-16 lately and like the results. I really like the ~7.7% ABV with this grain bill a lot. For me its the sweet spot for this style. Great mouthfeel without being chewy or heavy. It drinks like a standard strength beer, not a double at all.

Ive pretty much been using this grain bill for a while and making small tweaks to it such as upping the carafoam from 6% to 7.5%. Im sure if you don't have spelt, white wheat would be totally fine. I just think that spelt is "fluffier/pillowier" when you get to ~20% of the grain bill compared to white wheat. For me, I have also been preferring having the wheat being favored over the malted oats in general.

Enjoy!

Well considering you called me sexy, I guess I need to put out right? err, perhaps you were calling the beer sexy lol. Anyways, here it is:

62.5% (12.5lbs) 2 row - rahr
20% (4lbs) Spelt - best maltz
10% (2lbs) malted oats - thomas fawcett
7.5% (1.5lbs) carafoam - weyermann

My OG was 1.075 and FG was 1.016. Ive been targeting 1.015-16 lately and like the results. I really like the ~7.7% ABV with this grain bill a lot. For me its the sweet spot for this style. Great mouthfeel without being chewy or heavy. It drinks like a standard strength beer, not a double at all.

Ive pretty much been using this grain bill for a while and making small tweaks to it such as upping the carafoam from 6% to 7.5%. Im sure if you don't have spelt, white wheat would be totally fine. I just think that spelt is "fluffier/pillowier" when you get to ~20% of the grain bill compared to white wheat. For me, I have also been preferring having the wheat being favored over the malted oats in general.

Enjoy!
Awesome, thanks!

Just tapped my latest beer!

Homebrewed Wet Hopped pale ale with my homegrown Columbus hops - ABV: 5.8%. It truly is a thing of beauty and two years in the making (didn’t get enough hops last season)
C443EC82-1BB9-4257-873E-689046CE2D1C.jpeg

Festbier - Smooth with very subtle malt flavors. Hallertau hops and 34/70 yeast. Extremely easy drinking for 6% ABV
PXL_20221021_000709905.PORTRAIT.jpg

Munich Dunkel - Nice balance of maltiness with dark chocolate and toast flavors. Used yeast harvested from the Festbier for this one. 4.6% ABV
PXL_20221020_000410864.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

HB Bretted Belgian pale. An attempt to save a total disaster that I believe suffered from some serious autolysis during our 40°C heat wave whilst under 10PSI.

PXL-20221109-134656045-PORTRAIT.jpg

Worked incredibly well. All of the marmite flavour has gone, now it's mildly funky with some cidery dry and slightly overripe apple and pear. Actually might be one of my favourite beers I've brewed recently, and evidence that almost nothing is un-saveable. :)

HB cascadian black ale. My recipe.
I don’t brew mine a lot, maybe only once every 12-18 months but I’m a huge fan of the style.

How do you approach it? An ipa that’s only black in color or do you look to get some roast/chocolate in the charavter?

I like it. It's got a session-strength Tank 7 vibe -- American hoppy and Belgian peppery.

This version was extract; I'm going to work on perfecting an all-grain version.
Cool. Im a big fan of hoppy Saisons! Do the hops give you the descriptors they claim? Peppery mango pineapple sounds great to me.

Back