New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NEIPA

Attachments

• 20201010_122856.jpg
    20201010_122856.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
Returned home after a week with the kids and grands in the mountains and as the evening wore on was hankering for my stout.
Being between keezers right now, had to snap a picnic tap on the half-full-but-fully-charged-@35psi keg I had pulled from my terminated keezer #2 and hope it didn't blow right through the plastic tap.

Other than an over-pour by a few ounces, so far so good...

stout_regained_sm.jpg

Cheers! (This is gonna kick my ass :D)

Here's a mediocre picture of the first pour of my latest brew - a Roggenbier based on a Dunkelweizen I brew.
rye or the kaiser 2020-10-03 first pour cropped.jpg

My first triple decoction. Straight up German pils with saaz and home grown hops and kolsch yeast. Only been lagered for a week but its fantastic. Happy I have almost 2 cases of it. First bottled batch in many years!
20201021_172104.jpg

Barrel Aged Imperial Stout. - This was the second beer to go through my 5 gallon bourbon barrel. Not too much bourbon flavor but nice oakiness. I aged it in the barrel for about 4 months prior to kegging. When I racked it into the keg, I also added some cocoa nibs, vanilla and extra bourbon and aged on the nibs for 2 weeks before removing the nibs and serving.

192elcZ.jpg

OSLOberfest - Festbier fermented with Oslo Kveik. The brew day didn't go too well and this ended up being wayyyy under gravity so it's more of a session festbier at a little over 3% lol. It still needs a little more time to clear up but it's tasting pretty good.

LcYcC4p.jpg

After 3 months bottle conditioning a Mix fermented (imperial - rustic and yeast bay - Bissels Brett blend) farmhouse with peach, lavender, and dryhoped with Citra View attachment 705015

The head on that beer looks magnificent, like whipped egg whites (how do you call that in English?). Description sounds great, too (although it could be a bit much, for my taste).

Your stir plate enclosure used to be the number one enclosure forty years ago.

Interesting - for stir plates, or just e-hobby stuff in general?
Honestly, I just stumbled into a pair of these at my local e-hobby store years ago and grabbed them for my two builds.
It's fairly huge compared to what most folks use, but I wanted a big base for my five liter flasks...

Cheers!

Back