new brewer first brew, first label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dos_perros

Reaction score
hey guys I have been lurking here learning alot, had my first brewday with SWMBO on the 1st and it went good as far as I can tell. We bought an American Wheat kit with our brewing kit from the LHBS, heres a label I put together for it. I used inkscape mostly for it.

americanwheat.png

Thats pretty cool! one of the more professional/complete labels I have seen on here. Complete with bar code and warning. I like how it looks a lot too. How/On What are you planning on printing it?

Thanks M3Shark, I will probably print at kinkos on avery labels or plain stock and use milk. Haven't thought that far along. Although I should be because we are more than likely going to be bottling it soon. I may have screwed up my size though by adding a few elements to it. Anyone know how the reside the whole thing without looking parts of it? When I try to resize the image it only does part and cuts some of it out. Select all and resize maybe.

+1 Very nice work! One thing I notice, though, is that the black text blends a bit with the edges of the main panel.

Looks great. Only thing I'd suggest is to move the words away from the black borders (stuff in the center section and in the warning)

nice label with the mods mentioned. i lived in nampa for 3 years, and boise for a year. a good friend of mine is the fire chief in middleton, and another friend is the fire inspector there. small world

+1 Very nice work! One thing I notice, though, is that the black text blends a bit with the edges of the main panel.
Thanks Pickngrin, I see what your saying about the text and will probably end up changing that like you guys are suggesting to make it a little more readable.
Looks great. Only thing I'd suggest is to move the words away from the black borders (stuff in the center section and in the warning)
Thanks Anchorage42!
nice label with the mods mentioned. i lived in nampa for 3 years, and boise for a year. a good friend of mine is the fire chief in middleton, and another friend is the fire inspector there. small world
Thanks lumpher, thats crazy man it is a small world.

Cheers guys!:mug:

So taking some of your suggestions to move the text out of the black or dark areas of the picture I came up with this. I also changed brewery name as there is a small brewery getting ready to open here in Boise called Payette Brewing Company. So the name I am going with ( for now at least is Middle Fork Brewing Co. ). I think it works better and does make the text easier to read, what do you guys think? :mug:

americanwheat-1.png

Latest posts

Back