New member saying hi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sampling6391

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings all I just wanted to introduce myself here I’ve been in the hobby a little over a year now and try to have at least a once a month brew day…time permitting of course… Mostly been messing around with different grocery store brews like apple juice to cider-ish or Concord grape juice to wine-ish but have been more recently getting into what I’ve been actually wanting to do… brewing beer :D

So far I have accomplished a couple extract kits an IPA of some sort and an American ale which turned out fine except they tasted almost the same to me. Very caramel like flavor which research showed some people saying it’s from the LME provided in the kits but other people say it has more to do with the steeping grains or hops or age of ingredients so I dunno.

Anywho I brewed my first all grain IPA via brew in a bag method this past Sunday using a kit and fingers crossed I did everything right!

I may lurk more than I post but I will try not to ask too many dumb questions

Welcome aboard! Brewing is a skill, like anything else it takes study and practice. I made many "okay" batches before some were really good. Don't hesitate to ask questions, it's why we're all here.

Back