Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sticking with bridges, but this is not your usual picture of this bridge. This was taken during the flood of 1993:
1993eads.png

Last edited:
Eads Bridge it is. The picture shows that the road under the railroad tracks should have 12 feet 2 inches of clearance. The high point of the flood (49.6 feet, almost 20 feet above "flood stage") was a bit after the first picture and the tracks were flooded too:
1993 2.png

You're up @DBhomebrew.

Last edited:
Didn’t think canal, as it doesn’t seem you could float barges under this bridge, but also thought Old World. So this might be in Massachussets, somewhere.

Sheer luck. I hardly checked email today, and when I did, you had just posted. :cool:

This one is closer to home. Photo is mine. Admittedly, there are a few foot bridges that look alike. I’d like you to name the spot, as it is locally known, not only the town.
86C373E4-F689-4A66-88FC-105DFFA15875.jpeg

Ugh... I've really been trying to find images of footbridges in the area and everything wants to show me Rock Creek in DC or a pedestrian bridge that collapsed up there. Digging more....

Yes, this is the C&O Canal. Not too far from the Key bridge. But there are a few bridges crossing the Canal, several closer to the Key bridge than this one. What is this place called?

Yes! Fletcher's Cove, AKA Fletcher's Boathouse, on the C&O Canal, a popular destination for fishing (the Potomac is almost within sight), canoeing, as well as running and cycling around the towpath. It appears that two correct answers came in the same minute, but @dirkomatic's popped up first.

There are a few similar-looking bridges further upstream on the canal, but by then we're in Maryland and beyond.

Yes! Fletcher's Cove, AKA Fletcher's Boathouse, on the C&O Canal, a popular destination for fishing (the Potomac is almost within sight), canoeing, as well as running and cycling around the towpath. It appears that two correct answers came in the same minute, but @dirkomatic's popped up first.

Never been to that part of DC. Closest I've been is Georgetown. When I get up that way, I usually ride the Metro and that's quite a clip from the nearest station as far as I can tell.

Here's a bridge which I recall from my childhood. Recent discussion reminded me of it:
1635264837347.png

Yep, Fletcher's Cove is one neighborhood up from Georgetown, the Palisades. I think the affluent locals appreciate that it is not Metro-accessible. That bridge looks... familiar. But I have another report standing in the way.

Back