Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd knock your spelling of Gloucester
Which is why I don't try to write out MA. I should have checked the city.
MA.png
:D

I had another rock picture ready because I had Googled "Lighthouse archpelago atlantic ocean" last night, and the fourth image was that lighthouse. I decided to answer if it was open after lunch today. Well, it had been answered this morning and now the rock seems off subject compared to this:
north.png

BTW: not my picture (as if I had to say it.)

Last edited:
I had another rock picture ready because I had Googled "Lighthouse archpelago atlantic ocean" last night, and the fourth image was that lighthouse. I decided to answer if it was open after lunch today. Well, IT had bern answered this morning and now the rock sees off subject compared to this:
View attachment 823142
BTW: not my picture (as if I had to say it.)

Svalbard Global Seed Vault.

That is it. The last couple of places seemed to be in the middle of nowhere, and this related to Scandinavia and is on an archipelago but a picture I took of Hays, Kansas, not so much. You're up, @bruce_the_loon.

Last edited:
70km away is in the vicinity of London. DO we head that direction or elsewhere?

Clearly the location is not in the city, but could be close by. Looks like a fancy greenhouse. Research like. Owned by an agriculture company?

Not part of a corporate structure, but you could say that they have stars directing their fate.

70km away is in the vicinity of London. DO we head that direction or elsewhere?

Clearly the location is not in the city, but could be close by. Looks like a fancy greenhouse. Research like. Owned by an agriculture company?
Somewhat further south, but the non-corporate parent is in London. Linked vaguely to the previous picture.

Hmmmm. First thought was Lausanne on Lake Geneva. That's not it but I feel like I'm in the neighborhood. Just the overall feel, buildings, trees, water color.

Are we in Switzerland?

Fine, I'll jump to the front of the queue it's the seed bank and Kew Gardens.
It's not Kew Gardens, it's the Millennium Seed Bank at Wakehurst Place over an hour's drive away down by Gatwick airport. It has seeds of something like 15% of all plant species, one of the best of the British millennium projects. The Wakehurst estate is owned by the National Trust but operated by Kew.

Current one - you get a lot of those limestone crags in the Rhone valley, the Dents du Midi are perhaps the most famous but I know the Dentelles de Montmirail better, possibly because they overlook some of the famous wine areas like Gigondas, Vacqueyras and Beaumes de Venise. But I don't think these are either of those - the lake water looks glacial, so higher up in the French Alps?

It's not Kew Gardens, it's the Millennium Seed Bank at Wakehurst Place over an hour's drive away down by Gatwick airport. It has seeds of something like 15% of all plant species, one of the best of the British millennium projects. The Wakehurst estate is owned by the National Trust but operated by Kew.

Ah, then I may indeed have jumped the queue. I knew it was the Millennium Seed Bank, as I remember it before I left the UK right around the millennium. Since it's operated by Kew, I thought it was in Richmond as well.

On the current picture, we are higher up in the French Alps than Dentelles de Montmirail but not higher than Dents du Midi.

Back