Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9F3AE6E2-C665-4A7F-B0C3-3BCE552BA472.jpeg

Still on subject of airports, I took these last weekend. The second shot was taken from the same spot as the first, and shows the town that gives the airport its name (the airport is technically in a other borough, so I will accept either name for the location)
0F1AECB7-91FC-4884-921E-0C6AE2277B62.jpeg

DD382DF3-EF21-478A-BF21-8DB75801D455.jpeg

Williamsport it is. I admit I did not have a particularly compelling reason to spend a couple of hours there, and the pictures do look like they could have been taken anywhere in WV, central PA or elsewhere. That said, I couldn't distinguish a promenade in Central Park from any formal big city park. You're up @DBhomebrew

Calling it for @dirkomatic

Looking south along I-87 as it makes its way around the rock and ice climbing face of Poke-O-Moonshine.

Until you said "many, even locals, think the mountains in question are indeed Appalachian." I, too, believed that the Poconos, Catskills, and Adirondacks were all part of the Appalachians.

Here's another tidbit for you in the other direction. Cape Cod and Long Island. Same geological formation!

ETA: I believe the Poconos and Catskills are Appalachian. Adirondacks are not.

Last edited:
Calling it for @dirkomatic

Looking south along I-87 as it makes its way around the rock and ice climbing face of Poke-O-Moonshine.

Here's another tidbit for you in the other direction. Cape Cod and Long Island. Same geological formation!

ETA: I believe the Poconos and Catskills are Appalachian. Adirondacks are not.
According to this wikipedia page(Adirondack Mountains - Wikipedia), they aren't... That's where I got my info. Although, wikipedia has been wrong before.

Back